Saw a personal trainer (cac) with a cac today

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
His cac in training was doing 70 lb. lat. pull down (narrow grip), 75 lbs. on the bench press etc.
I always say personal trainers are a waste of money but how can this cac be so stupid
This mothafukka at ground zero and thinks he needs to shell out $75.00 for a warm-up session all over the map.
How about start doing the shyt yourself fakkit
PATHETIC.
Personal trainers are ALWAYS a waste. ESPECIALLY when you at ground zero.
Arguments?
I taught myself everything from books and magazines. I was in college so I didn't have money to pay for a trainer. In the beginning, I was doing everything all in one workout. Later on, I started breaking up my work out to upper and lower body. Then, later I split it up to one body part per day in a week.
I find paying for personal trainer services a waste of money. I can understand a newbie needing to know how to do exercises from ground zero. But if you lack motivation to workout and hire a personal trainer for that, that's pathetic.
There's the other end of the spectrum which isn't pathetic. That's where professional athletes hire a personal trainer to get to peak fitness levels. They have a program that can't be self performed, similar to a performance coach.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I would like a trainer that really knows his shyt about lifting, and equipment. Just to get form and routines down. after that, it's bushes for him.

But then who would spot me :patrice:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I taught myself everything from books and magazines. I was in college so I didn't have money to pay for a trainer. In the beginning, I was doing everything all in one workout. Later on, I started breaking up my work out to upper and lower body. Then, later I split it up to one body part per day in a week.
I find paying for personal trainer services a waste of money. I can understand a newbie needing to know how to do exercises from ground zero. But if you lack motivation to workout and hire a personal trainer for that, that's pathetic.
There's the other end of the spectrum which isn't pathetic. That's where professional athletes hire a personal trainer to get to peak fitness levels. They have a program that can't be self performed, similar to a performance coach.
Think about what you're saying though breh. You were in college and broke, so therefore you had time and were essentially FORCED to learn to do the shyt on your own. If you're a 35+ year old women with a couple of little kids, you don't really have the time to learn the shyt on your own, and you may need some extra motivational help, and can probably afford to pay someone. Everyone is in a different situation.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Think about what you're saying though breh. You were in college and broke, so therefore you had time and were essentially FORCED to learn to do the shyt on your own. If you're a 35+ year old women with a couple of little kids, you don't really have the time to learn the shyt on your own, and you may need some extra motivational help, and can probably afford to pay someone. Everyone is in a different situation.
I'm not saying it's a sham. But I'm saying that learning how to perform exercises could be taught in a group class and how to develop a workout plan could be done on a personal basis.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
A trainer said something me today about another trainer. The guy was with a client and they were doing FB BP, apparently they have been working together for three years and the guy is still pressing just the bar. :mindblown:

25YOUTHS!!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would argue it's the ground zero people that benefit from it the most, granted they use it the right way to learn correct form, routines, diet etc.
Once you have all that knowledge then it's all about self discipline

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Ground zero people almost never know where to even begin

it benefits them the most

Stop being that rude gym goer looking down on others for asking for help when they need it

:manny:Just get a book on the subject?

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:manny:Just get a book on the subject?

some people genuinely need help, whether it it knowledge based or physically supplying them with motivation. some really don't understand how far gone others are until they get to that point. people at ground zero are not motivated by a book

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
I'm a beginner, a trainer is what i need. Majority of my paycheck will going toward that, until i'm at a point i can do it myself.

Ohms Law

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Byrd Gang
I'm a beginner, a trainer is what i need. Majority of my paycheck will going toward that, until i'm at a point i can do it myself.

No you don't. All the information you need is literally on something as simple as youtube.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No you don't. All the information you need is literally on something as simple as youtube.

The problem is there's so much conflicting and misleading information out there that it can get overwhelming for a beginner. Not to mention all the YouTube fitness personalities and bloggers straight up trolling or lying to their audience (obviously juiced guys claiming natural, selling overpriced supplements/meal plans/workout routines that don't even work).

Not to say that personal trainers have all the right info (or even that they're not scamming their clients just like these YouTube stars), but I can't blame a newbie for trying they route rather than going through a myriad of articles, websites and videos only to be more confused after.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The problem is there's so much conflicting and misleading information out there that it can get overwhelming for a beginner. Not to mention all the YouTube fitness personalities and bloggers straight up trolling or lying to their audience (obviously juiced guys claiming natural, selling overpriced supplements/meal plans/workout routines that don't even work).

Not to say that personal trainers have all the right info (or even that they're not scamming their clients just like these YouTube stars), but I can't blame a newbie for trying they route rather than going through a myriad of articles, websites and videos only to be more confused after.
Go to Bodybuilding.con breh. They have Ph D's in. Exercise science on there that explain every aspect of a work out. You can get a full workout/nutrition plan and they have video demonstrations of all the exercises