Saunas = Steroids

Suge Knight

MOB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Federal Prison
I always go into the sauna for about 25 minutes before my workouts, helps my body warm up and my joints. I'm still recovering from a bad car accident and have pains. I also hit the sauna up after my workout and sit in a hot tub when im done for the night.

I don't see none of that homo shyt, and I go late at night. There's like maybe 5 people in the whole gym at 1-3am :manny:

AJW

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Berkshire, England
When you say you're hitting the sauna pre-workout, are you going in there in swimwear or your gym gear? Dunno what it's like over there in the US but over here you'd get some weird-ass looks going in the sauna with clothes on. I'm interested to experiment with it and see if it has an effect on me. I've never heard of anyone going in the sauna pre-workout to benefit their lifts.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
:to: i live in hollywood NO fukkING WAY i'm going in the sauna. they had to change the hours of the 24hr fitness because the gay dudes and trannies were tryin to smut it out late at night :demonic:

this sounds dope tho, if it is legit
what kinda gym u going to breh?? the spot i go to the saunas are just a place where people sit down, mind their own business and listen to their ipods/cell phone mp3s or whatever and chill and sweat

Last edited:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Really wish I had the time to sit in saunas at the gym. I could incorporate it into my Saturday session I guess

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
is it about room temperature or internal temperature though? why could i not sit in a hot bath and get the same effect theoretically?
Rhonda Patrick (lady from vid) addressed this in the comment section of the link I posted:

Q: Why not a hot bath, why does it have to be a sauna?

• Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D.
    April 13, 2014 at 4:06 pm
    The idea is to induce a hormetic heat stress response. Do you think your bath is enough stress to induce stress response mechanisms to kick on? Heat stress can occur in other forms, for sure.
Another good answer I thought was helpful:
Quint —
April 12, 2014 at 5:07 am
Great Article!

Very interested in trying this out. I only have a question about the ‘sauna sessions’. The article says 20 minute and 30 minute sauna sessions. Does that mean 20, 30 minutes without going out or can you also do 10 minutes, go out for a minute and then 10 minutes and so on.

Thank you for the great share of information.

• Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D.
    April 13, 2014 at 4:10 pm
    The idea is to activate the heat stress response mechanisms by hyperthermic conditioning. This requires pushing it to some degree of discomfort, without going overboard. Be smart about it.

Sounds like bullshyt I see nothing but Larry Holmes people hanging in the saunas
:mjlol:
Not like this is broscience with no research to back it up. Patrick has a PHD, and after googling Growth Hormone/Sauna there's been discussions about Saunas increasing GH, but none went as in depth as Patrick did.

And Kai Greene swears by it :yeshrug:

When you say you're hitting the sauna pre-workout, are you going in there in swimwear or your gym gear? Dunno what it's like over there in the US but over here you'd get some weird-ass looks going in the sauna with clothes on. I'm interested to experiment with it and see if it has an effect on me. I've never heard of anyone going in the sauna pre-workout to benefit their lifts.
Patrick reccommends hitting the sauna post work-out

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Q: Why not a hot bath, why does it have to be a sauna?

• Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D.
    April 13, 2014 at 4:06 pm
    The idea is to induce a hormetic heat stress response. Do you think your bath is enough stress to induce stress response mechanisms to kick on? Heat stress can occur in other forms, for sure.
"do you think your bath is enough stress to induce stress mechanisms to kick on?"

what kind of answer is that for a doctor? why not give a real answer instead of skirting around the issue by trying to lead you on with some vague statement that doesnt answer the question. thats not professional on her part. the average human body temp is 98 degrees f we get heat stroke @ 105 degrees f and we start to die @ 107 degrees f so it stands to reason you would need to reach an internal temp somewhere way under that danger zone, let say 100-102 degrees f, meaning i would only need to increase my body temp just slightly. she says heat stress can "occur in other forms" why didnt she elaborate on these other forms since thats what the question was asking? technically she doesnt come out and say that hot tubs or electrical blankets wont work, which makes me think theres some kind of agenda for saunas going on here. if heat stress can occur in other forms like she says then saying you need to use a steam room is false. if this is false then what is true? the whole thing seems sketchy now

Last edited:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
"do you think your bath is enough stress to induce stress mechanisms to kick on?"

what kind of answer is that for a doctor? why not give a real answer instead of skirting around the issue by trying to lead you on with some vague statement that doesnt answer the question. thats not professional on her part. the average human body temp is 98 degrees f we get heat stroke @ 105 degrees f and we start to die @ 107 degrees f so it stands to reason you would need to reach an internal temp somewhere way under that danger zone, let say 100-102 degrees f, meaning i would only need to increase my body temp just slightly. she says heat stress can "occur in other forms" why didnt she elaborate on these other forms since thats what the question was asking? technically she doesnt come out and say that hot tubs or electrical blankets wont work, which makes me think theres some kind of agenda for saunas going on here. if heat stress can occur in other forms like she says then saying you need to use a steam room is false. if this is false then what is true? the whole thing seems sketchy now

i dont have access to a sauna so if i have to cut weight for a fight i just use a hot bath to get my body sweating :manny:

seems to work just fine for that. but yeah that answer was terrible :snoop:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I always sit in the steam room for 15 minutes before the workout and for 30 minutes after...

I didnt know this benefit, I just did it before to warm my muscle, ligaments, and tendons up...

and I did it after as a cool down to sweat out that extra waste by products...

and you dudes scared of being in close vicinity of other men in towels need to rethink your notion, I met a few potential business investors in my steam room at Equinox

Last edited:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Love the sauna. Im secure enough in my manhood to handle it. 30 to 45 minutes is nothing. You sit in there and meditate. Relax the body and sweat out all the poison you might have in your body. But use caution and drink lots of water. Before during and after. I also take a break between sessions and cool down in the pool.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
what kinda gym u going to breh?? the spot i go to the saunas are just a place where people sit down, mind their own business and listen to their ipods/cell phone mp3s or whatever and chill and sweat
breh, these gay dudes in SoCal be OD on they shyt, i dont even know wtf is going on.

Fefe

Banned
Daps
I'm going to start actually using my gym's sauna