Saunas = Steroids

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA

Are Saunas the Next Big Performance-Enhancing “Drug”? | The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss

One study demonstrated that a 30-minute sauna session two times a week for three weeks POST-workout increased the time that it took for study participants to run until exhaustion by 32% compared to baseline.4

For example, two 20-minute sauna sessions at 80°C (176°F) separated by a 30-minute cooling period elevated growth hormone levels two-fold over baseline.1,15 Whereas, two 15-minute sauna sessions at 100°C (212°F) dry heat separated by a 30-minute cooling period resulted in a five-fold increase in growth hormone.1,15 However, what’s perhaps more amazing is that repeated exposure to whole-body, intermittent hyperthermia (hyperthermic conditioning) through sauna use has an even more profound effect on boosting growth hormone immediately afterward: two one-hour sauna sessions a day at 80°C (176°F) dry heat (okay, this is a bit extreme) for 7 days was shown to increase growth hormone by 16-fold (1600%) on the third day.

tl;dr/w

-Sauna use can increase endurance
-Sauna use can increase Growth Hormone production by up to 1,600% depending on time spent inside

:ohhh:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
if you dont have access to a sauna can you supplement or replicate this effect with long hot showers instead?

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Good shyt. . But 2 one hour sessions in a day though? That shyt sounds dangerous.
Yeah the article definitely mentions to use caution, but you can still get huge GH boosts by doing 20 and 30 minute sessions. That's what I plan on doing

if you dont have access to a sauna can you supplement or replicate this effect with long hot showers instead?
I don't think so. It's all about the heat and a hot shower isn't gonna be able to get your bathroom room temp to 180 degrees

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I don't think so. It's all about the heat and a hot shower isn't gonna be able to get your bathroom room temp to 180 degrees
is it about room temperature or internal temperature though? why could i not sit in a hot bath and get the same effect theoretically?

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
:to: i live in hollywood NO fukkING WAY i'm going in the sauna. they had to change the hours of the 24hr fitness because the gay dudes and trannies were tryin to smut it out late at night :demonic:

this sounds dope tho, if it is legit

Had the same issues at my 24hr fitness. More times then I want to recall I'd walk into the sauna and hit quick u-turn with like :merchant::whoa::scusthov:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
trannies breh? in the locker room? :huhldup:
I, luckily, Never witnessed any of that fukkery, but my homie said they wasnt even coming thru for the weights..they was coming thru for the 'workout' :huhldup: so now the spot closes at like 12am and reopens at 6 in the morning. :snoop: all cuz of the tranines and homos not able to control themselves