Saquon Barkley signs fully guaranteed $31 Mill contract

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Looks like i'm the only coli breh who actually followed through on all that "boycott" talk :mjpls:
Nah...

I didn't watch a single game last season or the draft...

Boycott doesn't mean you can't read Rotoworld...

NFL doesn't own that site...

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Looks like i'm the only coli breh who actually followed through on all that "boycott" talk :mjpls:

Lol I see you playboy.

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

woof

Daps
Reppin
Giants made it well known several weeks before the draft they were taking Barkley or a QB...

IMO it was a dumbass gamble not to take Barkley at 1 knowing that especially when there is very little separating Mayfield/Darnold/Rosen...

Rosen may be the best QB out of those three and he went 10th in the draft...

Based on what's come out since, it was either Saquon or, if he wasn't there, Chubb for the Giants. They were pretty much never taking a QB and basically just did due diligence and then tried a half-ass smokescreen that only suckers (like me at one point with Darnold) bought into.

If the Browns took Saquon at #1, it's not out of the question the #2 pick gets legit opened up to trade offers and that could have easily left the Browns with the third QB on their board at #4. You can say all the QBs had little separating them so so what, but the Browns' FO definitely didn't feel that way -- Mayfield was the clear best on their board from most accounts. If you've got that type of conviction in a player, you have to believe in your process and ability to evaluate talent and you take him.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Based on what's come out since, it was either Saquon or, if he wasn't there, Chubb for the Giants. They were pretty much never taking a QB and basically just did due diligence and then tried a half-ass smokescreen that only suckers (like me at one point with Darnold) bought into.

If the Browns took Saquon at #1, it's not out of the question the #2 pick gets legit opened up to trade offers and that could have easily left the Browns with the third QB on their board at #4. You can say all the QBs had little separating them so so what, but the Browns' FO definitely didn't feel that way -- Mayfield was the clear best on their board from most accounts. If you've got that type of conviction in a player, you have to believe in your process and ability to evaluate talent and you take him.
Just like they didn't feel that way when the took Kizer over Watson...

How did that work out for them? :mjlol:

Needless to say, the Browns don't have a fukking clue how to draft a QB...

Only the Jets have worse "feelings" when it comes to drafting QBs...:francis:

woof

Daps
Reppin
Just like they didn't feel that way when the took Kizer over Watson...

How did that work out for them? :mjlol:

Needless to say, the Browns don't have a fukking clue how to draft a QB...

Only the Jets have worse "feelings" when it comes to drafting QBs...:francis:

The guys who drafted Kizer aren't employed by the team any more (though the HC that probably fukked up any chance he had of developing still is :mjlol:). What are the new dudes supposed to do? Not believe in their own evaluations and build a team based on fears stemming from mistakes that they had nothing to do with?

I'm not even really high on Mayfield (I think Rosen was the best QB in this class if a team absolutely had to take a QB... if he doesn't end up making Sam Bradford look as durable as Favre), but if you're hiring guys to run a team, you've got to let them run it and follow their convictions when it's time. Having the #1 overall pick in the draft is that time and Mayfield was, apparently, the player that they were all in.

If they end up wrong, then Cleveland hired the wrong FO guys yet again and it's on to the next.