Santa Monica appears to be hiring for GOW Ragnarok sequel

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Make it a time jump do Atreus is physically more powerful, let us get options of animals to shape shift into, more elemental magic like his father, his bow needs to be stronger, he needs a legitimate sword as well. So Atreus has more options for close quarter combat. Dive into more of his other powers we haven't seen yet:blessed:Sindri makes a deal with Anubis or some shyt Atreus is captured, Kratos comes through in the 2nd half of the game with the blades, axe, spear, and one more type of weapon maybe gauntlets like the OG days:blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Atreus needs an entire personality shift to make a decent game with him as the star

The god of war reboot was basically, “what if we did A History of Violence but with gods?”

Whats gonna be the hook for Atreus without Kratos?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Atreus needs an entire personality shift to make a decent game with him as the star

The god of war reboot was basically, “what if we did A History of Violence but with gods?”

Whats gonna be the hook for Atreus without Kratos?
He's searching for the other Giants and making a time jump could also help broaden his view. Perhaps since he's always wanted to help people he becomes that type of god just traveling while assisting others. It's a natural progression :yeshrug:Plus involving Sindri wanting revenge and STILL trying to find a way to bring Brock back leads him into eventual conflict with Atreus. Involve the more powerful Egyptian gods and now Kratos HAS to be involved :whoo:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He's searching for the other Giants and making a time jump could also help broaden his view. Perhaps since he's always wanted to help people he becomes that type of god just traveling while assisting others. It's a natural progression :yeshrug:Plus involving Sindri wanting revenge and STILL trying to find a way to bring Brock back leads him into eventual conflict with Atreus. Involve the more powerful Egyptian gods and now Kratos HAS to be involved :whoo:

People don’t even care about that giant shyt though, lol

Why not just have a new Egyptian god of war story without ties to the original?

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Atreus section was awful and ruined the flow of the game. In most other games it would've been okay, but it's a major downgrade going from playing as Kratos to Atreus.

This was really emphasized to me when playing new game +...Going from Maxed Kratos to Atreus :scust:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
People don’t even care about that giant shyt though, lol

Why not just have a new Egyptian god of war story without ties to the original?
:russ:That's why I'm saying introduce Sindri out for retribution to takeover from the intro. shyt escalates like maybe he strikes a deal with Anubis to gain knowledge, power, hell new materials for new god killing weapons:picard:

Last edited:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Anyone who knows anything about Grecian or Egyptian mythology and the cultures of the time has to understand that there's no point doing anything in Egypt without Kratos there, either literally or as a spectre Atreus is living under.

There's so much overlap with the pantheons that it would miss too much potential. Hell, having Atreus there and needing to find out from the Egyptian gods who his father was beforehand - likely from Isis seeing as she technically exists in both Egyptian and Grecian pantheons.

The fear and trepidation he's spoken about would recontextualize a lot for him. Keep Kratos out of the story for the whole first act. Then have him pop up to find his son in a moment of import; framed like 'oh shyt the final boss is here' with Apophis or something... shyt would be fire.

That said... I think I'mma need a Kratos/Freya long-play section. Dad and Step Mom are finally in their empty nest, and finding out who they are and who each other are would be some good shyt. Plus, she was the better companion in GOW:R.

That said... I lowkey could see them hitting a swerve. Everyone's paying attention to the Egyptian hint they dropped but everyone kinda forgot the other thing Ragnarok confirmed.

Mimir is Puck.

Which could open said swerve of doing Celtic mythology.

Selfishly I hope they go Celtic, solely so I don't need to see them disrespect the Egyptian pantheon and spend a whole game+ of having brown-skinned gods with more nuance than their counterparts getting murdered for contrivance by a bunch of transplanted pale people :yeshrug: Let Kratos and Loki go run a fade with the Tuatha or some shyt and leave Thoth'n'em alone.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just don’t see a good narrative reason for kratos to kill another pantheon of gods. I could see multiple pantheons having a round table discussion at this point on some “we need to kill the batman” type shyt, because as soon as Kratos steps foot in their realm they know they getting bodied.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I just don’t see a good narrative reason for kratos to kill another pantheon of gods. I could see multiple pantheons having a round table discussion at this point on some “we need to kill the batman” type shyt, because as soon as Kratos steps foot in their realm they know they getting bodied.
It wouldn't need to be a pantheon just someone who's a threat to Atreus