San Diego Comic Con 2016 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Figured this needs to get on and popping since the con pops off Thursday...also I found this rumor on Bleeding Cool

Big Honking Rumours For DC TV Ahead Of SDCC - Batwoman, Oracle, Constantine And John Wesley Shipp - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Kathy/Kate Kane and her alter ego, Batwoman, will appear on Supergirl as a recurring role. She will be Maggie Sawyer’s ex, whose adventures as Batwoman occasionally take her to National City.

Barbara Gordon will also appear as Oracle (mostly so as not to have Batwoman AND Batgirl).

Babs will develop a strong friendship with Kara, Supergirl. The Oracle/Batwoman relationship is being modeled after the original Chuck Dixon Era Birds Of Prey, but with Kathy/Kate as the operative instead of Dinah.

Batman himself is still tied to the Gotham deal at Fox, but Fox has been approached to share the character for a fee. It would likely only be economically feasible if an actor playing Bruce Wayne and Batman were made a series regular across the whole network to defer the licensing costs to Fox.

John Wesley Shipp will be the third actor who will become a series regular across the whole CW DC Universe, after Wentworth Miller and John Barrowman. He will (obviously) be playing Jay Garrick, not Henry Allen.

Matt Ryan could get a similar deal as the network tests the streaming audience of Constantine as well as his appearances on the network this upcoming season. The Vampire Diaries is ending after this season and the network wants to keep Fridays as their horror night, probably pairing a Constantine-led series with workhorse Supernatural, which gets decent ratings whatever time slot it is moved to. iZombie is also seen as strong enough to lead Fridays with Supernatural if need be.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Constantine coming back :leon:, hopefully Zed joins him as well

tumblr_ngu8kccJpG1u625nuo1_500.gif

Syfy is airing coverage of the event Thurs, Fri, Sat, w/Will Arnett hosting.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I never have much interest, I usually end up walking through the crowds and people watching a little, as it's blocks from my place, I find it all a little embarrassing. A girl friend wanted to go, so I got two tickets, and I'll be there on Saturday. My boy also is doing a panel there. Anything comes up, I'll report back on here.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
all these batman and superman cameos on other people's shows... why not just give them their own shows :mindblown:

you're telling me superman wouldn't score higher ratings than supergirl? batman wouldn't draw higher ratings than GOTHAM??

I'm guessing they wanna save the big ones for the movies and use them on TV from time-to-time.