Samuel L. Jackson: ‘I Should’ve Won’ an Oscar

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
“All movies are valid,” Jackson said. “Some go to the cinema to be moved dearly. Some like superheroes. If somebody has more butts on seats it just means your audience is not as broad. There are people who have had successful careers but nobody can recite one line of their parts. I’m the guy who says shyt that’s on a T-shirt.
Straight up. Nobody in America knows who the fukk Ed Wood is. Everyone know Mace Windu and Nick Fury. fukk the Academy.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Nobody in America knows who the fukk Ed Wood is.

KX2Mw3w.gif

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The part he said about popular movies not ever being nominated is so true. I don’t know why the Oscar’s don’t even acknowledge the movies that
1. Make th most money
2. That has the most fan/audience praise
3. Movies that are the most popular. This is a business but the best and most purchased product never gets respect.

Making me cry shouldn’t always get more respect than laughing or just being flat out entertained.

Pulp fiction was a WAY bigger movie than whatever the fukk won that year. It’s a classic, I’ve never even heard of the movie that won and it’s like that most years. If these movies are that good then why do they appeal to such a niche audience? In no other form of entertainment or art do niche get the most reconditions and awards. That’s why we don’t give mvp’s to linemen. I don’t think Kwai has ever won an mvp and there is a reason for that. He is in the wrong profession

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
There's only a few people who can say this and not come off pretentious or delusional as fukk, and yeah, he's one of em.

:salute:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The part he said about popular movies not ever being nominated is so true. I don’t know why the Oscar’s don’t even acknowledge the movies that
1. Make th most money
2. That has the most fan/audience praise
3. Movies that are the most popular. This is a business but the best and most purchased product never gets respect.

Making me cry shouldn’t always get more respect than laughing or just being flat out entertained.

Pulp fiction was a WAY bigger movie than whatever the fukk won that year. It’s a classic, I’ve never even heard of the movie that won and it’s like that most years. If these movies are that good then why do they appeal to such a niche audience? In no other form of entertainment or art do niche get the most reconditions and awards. That’s why we don’t give mvp’s to linemen. I don’t think Kwai has ever won an mvp and there is a reason for that. He is in the wrong profession

I get what you’re saying but maybe folks should stop putting the Oscars on a pedestal. Especially when it comes to regular folks. It’s an award for hoity toity cacs and their tastes.