Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smart Watch

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Over 6 months with it and its working perfectly. Now, I have switched from Verizon, so I lost the number-share option but that is fine, the exercise part still works perfectly, and 9 times out of ten I have my phone with me with both of them connected via BT. I found some comfortable bands on Amazon, swapped the OEM rubber joints that was giving me a rash on my wrist.
i took a hadley roma kevlar off one of my old watches...fit famously and looks ill but its fraying now. which bands you get?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Over 6 months with it and its working perfectly. Now, I have switched from Verizon, so I lost the number-share option but that is fine, the exercise part still works perfectly, and 9 times out of ten I have my phone with me with both of them connected via BT. I found some comfortable bands on Amazon, swapped the OEM rubber joints that was giving me a rash on my wrist.

I commend you. You're a fukking compassionate man. I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile last month and they told me that when the device got paid off, it would be unlocked. They then told me I had to wait for the billing cycle to end. I called them back today and the iccid number that Verizon uses is 20 digits and T-Mobile is 19 so it can't switch carriers. Only thru bluetooth. I don't know why the fukk they have to make things so complicated with this technology. I'm likely to stick to the Bluetooth mode only for now and get the gear s4 when it releases. And I had just got this not even six months ago. fukk it. I wasted my money. I'll refrain from throwing this damn thing against the wall and just cut my expenses elsewhere to save up. But it's still :pacspit: all these wireless carriers and their lack of compatibility.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I commend you. You're a fukking compassionate man. I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile last month and they told me that when the device got paid off, it would be unlocked. They then told me I had to wait for the billing cycle to end. I called them back today and the iccid number that Verizon uses is 20 digits and T-Mobile is 19 so it can't switch carriers. Only thru bluetooth. I don't know why the fukk they have to make things so complicated with this technology. I'm likely to stick to the Bluetooth mode only for now and get the gear s4 when it releases. And I had just got this not even six months ago. fukk it. I wasted my money. I'll refrain from throwing this damn thing against the wall and just cut my expenses elsewhere to save up. But it's still :pacspit: all these wireless carriers and their lack of compatibility.

I'm late on this however it was my understanding that Verizon does not carrier-lock their 4G-LTE devices, atleast that is what their website says. I can tell you this when I switched this watch and my S8 over to Straight-Talk the software for both devices changed for the better.

Also didn't realize that there are 2 green LED sensors on the back of the watch, must be to detect when you are wearing it. I saw them flash when I pulled it off its charger this morning.

Samsung needs to straighten out their Pay app between the watch and the phone as there is a crapload of complaints about the 2 that don't work with each other.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm late on this however it was my understanding that Verizon does not carrier-lock their 4G-LTE devices, atleast that is what their website says. I can tell you this when I switched this watch and my S8 over to Straight-Talk the software for both devices changed for the better.

Also didn't realize that there are 2 green LED sensors on the back of the watch, must be to detect when you are wearing it. I saw them flash when I pulled it off its charger this morning.

Samsung needs to straighten out their Pay app between the watch and the phone as there is a crapload of complaints about the 2 that don't work with each other.
Yeah I talked to Samsung and the watch can't switch carriers. Something about the ICCID number being different digits. I've also noticed the green light thing but never knew what it was for.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got one of these on those BF deals for like $200. It's trash to me. I could see liking this if I didn't own an Apple Watch but the Apple Watch shyts on this thing's existence. The app support is pathetic it's mostly a bunch of Samsung made apps and third party apps that are poorly rated. Worse yet I can't import any of my Samsung Pay cards.