Samsung coming for LG OLED TVs

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I barely remember how it looks. All it does is display my Shield or Xbox. fukk using it for anything else.

I used it once when I booted the TV up for the first time, hit it with the :scust: , and continued using my Chromecast with Google TV.

I couldn't imagine being at the mercy of my TV manufacturer for what steaming applications I have access to, let alone messing with their interface.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
deffently pickin up an 85 inch next year (hopefully 2nd generation)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I used it once when I booted the TV up for the first time, hit it with the :scust: , and continued using my Chromecast with Google TV.

I couldn't imagine being at the mercy of my TV manufacturer for what steaming applications I have access to, let alone messing with their interface.
I always use my xbox's as a way to stream content but my Vizio Oled handles all apps smoothly and the interface is pleasant
The app lets me quickly get to my favorite apps and they all load quickly
Whats so bad about your TVs interface?
looking for 60 inch+..
Didn't even say pause afterwards :scusthov:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

...or get a TV with Google TV as the UI.

I have a Sony Bravia from 2020 and Google TV runs flawlessly on it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always use my xbox's as a way to stream content but my Vizio Oled handles all apps smoothly and the interface is pleasant
The app lets me quickly get to my favorite apps and they all load quickly
Whats so bad about your TVs interface?

Didn't even say pause afterwards :scusthov:

I like my stuff minimal on the bloat and advertising, and most TV OSes are the exact opposite of that. Between all the different services and applications LG offers and promotes, it's just not ideal for quickly getting into what you want to watch.

...or get a TV with Google TV as the UI.

I have a Sony Bravia from 2020 and Google TV runs flawlessly on it.

We bought a TV earlier this year for my lady's mother, and got her a Sony specifically for that reason. As much as we wanted a Sony OLED, it just wouldn't work for us. Only two HDMI 2.1 ports, with one being the eARC port, and having shaky VRR support is some wild shyt at that price point. But that's really more a problem with the SoC that Mediatek is giving them than a willful choice. We want another TV to replace an older one in another room, so I'm hoping they figure something out for next year's models, or I'll just get another LG, probably.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I like my stuff minimal on the bloat and advertising, and most TV OSes are the exact opposite of that. Between all the different services and applications LG offers and promotes, it's just not ideal for quickly getting into what you want to watch.

We bought a TV earlier this year for my lady's mother, and got her a Sony specifically for that reason. As much as we wanted a Sony OLED, it just wouldn't work for us. Only two HDMI 2.1 ports, with one being the eARC port, and having shaky VRR support is some wild shyt at that price point. But that's really more a problem with the SoC that Mediatek is giving them than a willful choice. We want another TV to replace an older one in another room, so I'm hoping they figure something out for next year's models, or I'll just get another LG, probably.
They don't have an app you can use?
My remote has 6 apps on it but the app allows me to pick my favorites and control the TV/home theater as well
My app (vizio) has voice commands so I can say "Watch Bluey on disney+" and it'll load up instantly into the show, not even the disney plus interface, right into the show.

LG don't work like that? Really?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Competition is always great for consumers. Hopefully this makes OLED tvs more cheaper and affordable.

I have a Frame tv from Samsung and I'm floored at how great the viewing angle and lack of glare it has. There's 5 windows near that TV and in the middle of the day, windows open, there's almost no effect on the screen its kinda creepy. But it's supposed to emulate canvas which isn't reflective so...
My next TV will be another Samsung...I've been very impressed by them. My only beef is that their UI is dogshyt.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don't have an app you can use?
My remote has 6 apps on it but the app allows me to pick my favorites and control the TV/home theater as well
My app (vizio) has voice commands so I can say "Watch Bluey on disney+" and it'll load up instantly into the show, not even the disney plus interface, right into the show.

LG don't work like that? Really?

It does, but my Chromecast is better. Smoother running interface, far more streamlined and convenient. The search option is also more efficient at finding out what services a show or movie is on, and giving me the option to pick whichever one I prefer if it's on multiple.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Ordered a 65 inch Samsung S95B OLED for 2 stacks this wk (will be delivered on Fri). It's going in my mancave. I've got an onyko receiver and 7 channel speaker setup...it's up :ohlawd:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It does, but my Chromecast is better. Smoother running interface, far more streamlined and convenient. The search option is also more efficient at finding out what services a show or movie is on, and giving me the option to pick whichever one I prefer if it's on multiple.
Literally standard on the vizio :hula: and chromecast.... but not LG :ohhh:
I'm shocked that LG isn't up to par with all the discussion that I see on this forum.

And if its about picture quality, LG is considered the best in the West
This thread is about samsung taking that spot but the samsung OLED is the worst of the bunch as of today