Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
This does make me a bit nervous though. I mean at some point I figured they'd start to threaten anyone sending Ukraine aid. I don't know if Putin is a rational actor or not. If he has any functional nukes at all, this makes me nervous.
What do you think the result would be if Putin nukes Ukraine?

I think NATO would declare war but would we use Nukes on Russia or everything but Nukes? :patrice:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Were the only ones helping them really, Europe gotta get off its ass

Im actually in Europe rn bro this Ukraine shyt is SERIOUS to people here, Putin is the number one opp atm

The place im at had a gas powered shower. That shyt went off and was ICE cold. Almost fukking blew up too, just purely obsolete. I cant imagine someone holding that over my head like dude is for the whole Europe, millions of people of all races genders and beliefs being held economically hostage by this dikkhead on top of all the innocent people hes already killed and threatening to kill. Just pure blackmail

Europe gotta get they shyt together and help out this is the prelude to WW3 fr I was against regime change a few days ago but seeing it up close its like man... this a whole Mexican standoff on N.Korea/S.Korea level/Japan/China level :hubie:
Yea Putin did one thing in I hope these countries recognize the need for renewable energy..(that's the term right?)....more solar and wind power....nuclear power when done correct and safely but obviously easier said than done.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
This does make me a bit nervous though. I mean at some point I figured they'd start to threaten anyone sending Ukraine aid. I don't know if Putin is a rational actor or not. If he has any functional nukes at all, this makes me nervous.
Russia needs to buy some time, they're working in a finite window. They need to whittle down the Ukrainian military/resistance, see the impact of Europe going cold turkey on their energy exports, and time to get the conscripts and supplies into theater.

If he's going to use nukes (highly unlikely) it isn't going to be now.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Russia needs to buy some time, they're working in a finite window. They need to whittle down the Ukrainian military/resistance, see the impact of Europe going cold turkey on their energy exports, and time to get the conscripts and supplies into theater.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

The problem is that they seem incapable of landing a massive blow to Ukraine's capabilities or resolve. The longer this goes on the harder it gets financially for Russia. They zerg rushed at the beginning because they not only thought they'd take Ukraine over quickly...they had to take it over quickly. When that didn't happen and the sanctions hit, the clock started ticking. Shifting to the east/Donbas makes sense if the goal now is to take a portion of Ukraine, declare victory and try to sue for peace. They're at a point where they can't take the capitol and can't outright beat Ukraine on the field (short term), so what's the solution?

BTW I called this before the invasion started.
Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

To me the fear now is that Putin won't be satisfied with Donbas. The sabre rattling over convoys and supplies is getting louder and louder. If Putin launches some missiles into Poland what happens? If nothing happens, he gets to rewrite the narrative (and perhaps claim victory). If the US responds, he gets the direct conflict he needs and it may save his ass in the short term...but long term the US/NATO enter the fray and wipe out Russia's forces...unless nukes fly.