Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
I know most people disagree with me here on this, but I don't see the US engaging and anything beyond tariffs.

Destroying or damaging China forces the US to face the consequences of unfettered capitalism.

I don't think that's a conversation America is ready to have.

:yeshrug:

Bro, I think we are in uncharted territory right now.

If you asked me a month ago or asked anyone a month ago if the US government was willing to take a hit on gas prices that will affect the American ppl in an election year no less, I and others would have said hell nah.

Don't underestimate Biden's resolve right now. Putin underestimated his resolve and look where it got him.

Xi would be wise to read the tea leaves.

scarhead

All Star
Daps
China planned Taiwan invasion in fall, alleged Russian intel leak claims

China was planning to invade Taiwan this fall around the same time Xi would be running for reelection

They are upset with Russia because they didnt expect the global pushback to this extent that they did and now are thinking about scrapping plans to invade Taiwan at least for now because of fear of possible sanctions

Based on the claims of some of the posters here I almost was convinced China wasn’t interested in any sort of military ambitions at all and was solely focused on economic expansion.

Guess not.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
China planned Taiwan invasion in fall, alleged Russian intel leak claims

China was planning to invade Taiwan this fall around the same time Xi would be running for reelection

They are upset with Russia because they didnt expect the global pushback to this extent that they did and now are thinking about scrapping plans to invade Taiwan at least for now because of fear of possible sanctions
There was some sort of co-ordination or intelligence sharing between Russia and China - China asked Russia to delay their invasion of Ukraine until after the Olympics and then you had that leaked report of talking points instructing the Chinese state media on how to report their coverage, particularly that they would need Russian support for the “Taiwan issue” (not sure if that part was debunked). So I see this as plausible. The level of economic sanctions made them fall back for sure if that was the case, China isn’t in a position to risk that - for their goals they are better off waiting.

Daps
Something I haven't heard anyone discuss is Biden's amazing foresight when it came to Afghanistan. Can you imagine how this situation would have played out had we still been active in Afghanistan?

Russia has been searching desperately for a way where they can gain the high ground and us being in Afghanistan right now would have given it to them.

It would have been the epitome of hypocrisy and I dont think the rest of the world backs our play in lockstep regarding Russia if we are still operating on Afghanistan soil.

Biden historically being against these wars and even taking a hard political hit to get us out of Afghanistan really set the stage for this very moment.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
yo...i just had a revelation :dwillhuh:

people are looking at Ukraine as a proxy war between Russia and the West and that is definitely true, however...

i think the bigger picture is that Russia is unwittingly fighting a proxy war against the US on behalf of China :picard:

play-hard-gamer-play-hard.gif

Daps
@MoneyTron remember this convo from last week? :ufdup:

That’s not my logic. Ukraine is a neo colonial vassal state of the US where Joe Biden and Victoria Nuland were the colonial overseers. Biden son was collecting a massive salary corruptly from a Ukrainian gas company. And they picked the president on a leaked phone call. Just wake up

:mjlol:

Literal gibberish.

Dude is spitting FOX news Trump talking points.

It's obvious that this "breh" probably keeps his news on FOX 24/7 and has been radicalized. That's what we're dealing with here.

No nothing Fox related. He’s a contrarian and not much more.

:patrice:
I hear you but I've heard MAGAs saying the same thing he's saying, literally word for word. Sounds like he's been listening to Tucker Carlson tbh

He admitted today that he's a Tucker fan just like i told you. Y'all gon learn to stop dismissing what I say.:ufdup:

I think the impact is more his clips on Twitter and YouTube… watching his videos gets you on point with where the right wing cac has landed. I really enjoy it because it’s actually a much more intelligent version of the MSNBC shows which I used to enjoy. The dog whistles and race baiting is kinda masterful and you can recognize it in other places if you watch Tucker do it.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
yo...i just had a revelation :dwillhuh:

people are looking at Ukraine as a proxy war between Russia and the West and that is definitely true, however...

i think the bigger picture is that Russia is unwittingly fighting a proxy war against the US on behalf of China :picard:

play-hard-gamer-play-hard.gif

Xi: You don't scare me Biden, China will be the Dominant superpower.
Biden: Hey, just try to invade Taiwan, then let's see what happens.
Xi: Putin, go start a war in Ukraine.
Putin: WHAT?!
Xi: Do it, you will be rewarded for it.
Putin: Well, ok.