Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
What do you think US and Biden (NATO) will do against China once they help Russia?

China trying to get money they ain’t for no war… after seeing how Russia got out in the clamps they falling back

i don't think China will provide military aid of any kind. humanitarian? perhaps but nothing of consequence.
either way, the US should use this as an opportunity to rebuild manufacturing in the Western Hemisphere.
apparently there are two chip manufacturing plants coming to the US.

Chip fabs are coming to the U.S., but will there be enough skilled workers?

we need more of this shyt. i want to see made in the USA on shyt i buy, or even Canada or Mexico.
fukk shipping everything half way across the Earth.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats what folks said about russia invading Ukraine before it happened. Nobody thought the US would do anything.

And look at Russia now. A third world country :mjcry:
China has maintained plausible deniability and they haven't invaded anyone. I can't see the US getting the West behind it like it did with Russia.

:yeshrug:

Daps
China has maintained plausible deniability and they haven't invaded anyone. I can't see the US getting the West behind it like it did with Russia.

They're essentially threatening everybody who tries to pull Russia out of the fire that they're inflicting.

I personally don't think China wants to risk that because they see that we are willing to go through high gas prices and war generated inflation to touch Russia.

I dont think they're feeling confident that we won't touch them too. We wouldn't institute the harsh measures that we're imposing on Russia but we could institute enough to hurt them.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
i don't think China will provide military aid of any kind. humanitarian? perhaps but nothing of consequence.
either way, the US should use this as an opportunity to rebuild manufacturing in the Western Hemisphere.
apparently there are two chip manufacturing plants coming to the US.

Chip fabs are coming to the U.S., but will there be enough skilled workers?

we need more of this shyt. i want to see made in the USA on shyt i buy, or even Canada or Mexico.
fukk shipping everything half way across the Earth.

This is a good point.

Even ignoring Russia/China, climate change by itself is more than a good enough reason to minimize the amount of things shipped long distance.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
China planned Taiwan invasion in fall, alleged Russian intel leak claims

China was planning to invade Taiwan this fall around the same time Xi would be running for reelection

They are upset with Russia because they didnt expect the global pushback to this extent that they did and now are thinking about scrapping plans to invade Taiwan at least for now because of fear of possible sanctions

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're essentially threatening everybody who tries to pull Russia out of the fire that they're inflicting.

I personally don't think China wants to risk that because they see that we are willing to go through high gas prices and war generated inflation to touch Russia.

I dont think they're feeling confident that we won't touch them too. We wouldn't institute the harsh measures that we're imposing on Russia but we could institute enough to hurt them.

I know most people disagree with me here on this, but I don't see the US engaging and anything beyond tariffs.

Destroying or damaging China forces the US to face the consequences of unfettered capitalism.

I don't think that's a conversation America is ready to have.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps

wGb5zWE.png

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I know most people disagree with me here on this, but I don't see the US engaging and anything beyond tariffs.

Destroying or damaging China forces the US to face the consequences of unfettered capitalism.

I don't think that's a conversation America is ready to have.

as if we are not 90% of the way there.
i think there are plenty of people who would like to accelerate faster towards it as well.
and i'm not talking a small number of people either.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
as if we are not 90% of the way there.
i think there are plenty of people who would like to accelerate faster towards it as well.
and i'm not talking a small number of people either.
Does that influence corporations in any way?