Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
As a country, I wonder how much better we would be if it wasn't for the massive spending on defense which will always require an "enemy" to fuel the military industrial complex.

immeasurably better.
the U.S. could permanently eliminate poverty within it's borders if it wanted to.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a country, I wonder how much better we would be if it wasn't for the massive spending on defense which will always require an "enemy" to fuel the military industrial complex.

Just to play devil's advocate, that defense funding has helped bring us GPS and the internet in addition to a bunch of other technologies.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yikes. That's a hard read. But all that stuff he's saying about NATO shouldn't be coming out of his mouth as he knows what it is. Or at least he's supposed to know. If he's truly special ops, surely he can comprehend the danger of NATO getting involved.
read something saying 1/5th of the foreign legion in the spanish civil war died

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Breh, Russia has NEVER been anywhere close to becoming a superpower. At best, their economy is the size of Texas, probably smaller.

They have never been close to being a superpower.

And tbh, one could argue that if they ever did get close, it was when they hijacked American democracy. If they had played their cards right, they could have used their control over Trump to make us a defacto vassal state of Russia.

That was the most power Russia has ever had.

And for clarity, please understand that Russia and USSR are not synonymous.

The USSR was a superpower. Russia has never been one.
Russia? or USSR?

Russia? Eh, they're TRYING.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
from the look of it, ukraine might be able to hold off russia after all?

this invasion is making russia's military look really bad and the fact a lot of their citizens oppose the war is telling me that country isn't as united as we thought. this makes me think that china might not be as strong as they project as well.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
from the look of it, ukraine might be able to hold off russia after all?

this invasion is making russia's military look really bad and the fact a lot of their citizens oppose the war is telling me that country isn't as united as we thought. this makes me think that china might not be as strong as they project as well.

China's military is green as fukk.
the last time they flexed it was on their own people in The Tiananmen Square Massacre.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
China and Russia beefing looks like this

Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Slap-fight.gif

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Just to play devil's advocate, that defense funding has helped bring us GPS and the internet in addition to a bunch of other technologies.
And apps

Steve Jobs just used govt. Research and created the IPhone.

same will happen with space travel. I think musk and bezos are suing NASA so they can get more research so that they can make a profit for it.

when companies used taxpayer funding research or whatever to make a product and profit, shouldn’t taxpayers have an ownership stake at that company?

Last edited: