Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Isn't there some principle that Teddy Roosevelt put into place that prohibited other countries from coming into America's backyard, playing in their sandbox?

I seem to remember the US telling the rest of the world that South America is off limits :jbhmm:

I could be wrong as the Cuban missile crisis obviously happened afterwards but I remember reading that somewhere.

Monroe Doctrine. Completely illegal and basically white people letting their nuts hang all over the western hemisphere. Still completely in effect as well. They did end up protecting us (Latin Americans and Caribbean Islanders) from Europe, but it was a "more like under new management" situation. Cuban missile crisis was a direct result of Monroe Doctrine

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Isn't there some principle that Teddy Roosevelt put into place that prohibited other countries from coming into America's backyard, playing in their sandbox?

I seem to remember the US telling the rest of the world that South America is off limits :jbhmm:

I could be wrong as the Cuban missile crisis obviously happened afterwards but I remember reading that somewhere.
Monroe Doctrine. They have used that policy to intervene in plenty of countries in Latin America. Then they backed right wing fascist governments during the Cold War. Using military coups, and bloody repression to keep them in power. Now after the Cold War they are using the Drug war along with economic Neo colonialism to dictate terms in the Western Hemisphere. For example they aren’t fond of leftist populist taking power in any Latin American country. So if they come to power they us covert means to destabilize the country. That’s what they did to Haiti when Aristide was in power twice. Also they know a lot of the countries don’t have strong institutions to maintain democracy. So they use democracy as a way to weaken these countries via divide conquer to get what they want. A lot of the countries wealthy oligarchs are US allies and represent US interest on the ground. Look at the Colombian wealthy elites. Very pro American and hates anything to improve the wealth inequality in Colombia. They use paramilitary right militias and drug cartels to kill leftist activist.
The US is the hegemon of the Western Hemisphere so I get it. But being Haitian I have to say the Monroe Doctrine hasn’t benefited us.