Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Sh*t is building on both sides. NATO countries openly supporting Ukriane with significant amount of artillery/intel shows they know something big is in the works.

First comes the emotional support, then the Intel, then the artillery support, then the boots on ground.

This is close to being no longer about 'helping' Ukraine as much as it feels the world knows now is the time to eradicate Putin's regime.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I feel like we’ve encountered a quasi chicken or egg type or question/scenario. Is NATO expansion the cause for this or is Putin’s behavior the cause for NATO’s continued existence? Given the situation prior to Maidan, I’m inclined to think that if NATO/Russia had come to an agreement on the neutrality of certain countries while guaranteeing their protection and sovereignty jointly then it would’ve prevented this situation.

Ukraine and Russia had good relations before Maidan, albeit within the backdrop of corrupt oligarchies and mutual crony capitalism but nonetheless relations were good. And as I’ve brought up, the neutrality of Finland/Sweden has been a success in maintaining a balanced position in the region. Looking at it objectively, this is a failure on both sides and more importantly a failure of the post Cold War transition in the world. Russia didn’t become any more democratic, the West still viewed Moscow as an enemy and expanded even though the USSR was dead and gone.

It feels like if things were handled differently on both sides this might’ve turned out much different. All we can hope for now is either a quick end to this or for things to become protracted which will raise the cost of invasion. And if Putin does start thinking about nukes then we’ll need someone from within to stop this. Either way, it definitely took a set of events on both sides to set this fukk shyt in motion.

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I feel like we’ve encountered a quasi chicken or egg type or question/scenario. Is NATO expansion the cause for this or is Putin’s behavior the cause for NATO’s continued existence? Given the situation prior to Maidan, I’m inclined to think that if NATO/Russia had come to an agreement on the neutrality of certain countries while guaranteeing their protection and sovereignty jointly then it would’ve prevented this situation.

Ukraine and Russia had good relations before Maidan, albeit within the backdrop of corrupt oligarchies and mutual crony capitalism but nonetheless relations were good. And as I’ve brought up, the neutrality of Finland/Sweden has been a success in maintaining a balanced position in the region. Looking at it objectively, this is a failure on both sides and more importantly a failure of the post Cold War transition in the world. Russia didn’t become any more democratic, the West still viewed Moscow as an enemy and expanded even though the USSR was dead and gone.

It feels like if things were handled differently on both sides this might’ve turned out much different. All we can hope for now is either a quick end to this. And if Putin does start thinking about nukes then we’ll need someone from within to stop this. Either way, it definitely took a set of events on both sides to set this fukk shyt in motion.

#bothsides

get a grip

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps

It feels like if things were handled differently on both sides this might’ve turned out much different. All we can hope for now is either a quick end to this. And if Putin does start thinking about nukes then we’ll need someone from within to stop this. Either way, it definitely took a set of events on both sides to set this fukk shyt in motion.
Stop it. You really sounding like a plant. Democracy was always, and will always, the goal of independent counties. Russia can't stop it. Within last 30 years, their bully on the block mystique has kept some things in check, but they've called the world's bluff, so here we are.

Ukraine tasted democracy and likes it. Russia could be next if Putin is dealt with. Obama deserves credit if this plays out appropriately.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I don't know how this ends, but this is going to be the playbook (make it personal to the average person, leverage social media) for smaller countries facing aggression in the future.

I think as well the power of Social Media like Twitter, TikTok, and Reddit. By keeping the lines open, and for Ukraine to show WHAT is going on, and not letting the Mainstream filter it out, it forces eyes to see what is happening. Now Russian stuff can be countering it with false-flags, but still, all this video coming out has kept eyes wide open in that Ukraine is being terrorised.