Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ok-boomer-the-office.gif

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
If the Ukrainians hold out long enough, i can see this turning on Putin and the oligarchs something bad. Maybe we get second communist revolution?

The Communist Party still exists in Russia…:jbhmm:

It would definitely mean the end of the oligarchs/mafia era. Lately I’ve been wondering if some of those Russians that believed/still believe in the Soviet Union are seeing China’s success and kicking themselves.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The Communist Party still exists in Russia…:jbhmm:

It would definitely mean the end of the oligarchs/mafia era. Lately I’ve been wondering if some of those Russians that believed/still believe in the Soviet Union are seeing China’s success and kicking themselves.
The communist party leadership n Russia is basically loyal to Putin. There is no real opposition. Even the opposition that is detained lacks people's trust and real substance.

I always wondered why Putin had to eliminate opposition even when he was so popular he wouldn't ever lose. Now we have the answer :wow:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
If the Ukrainians hold out long enough, i can see this turning on Putin and the oligarchs something bad. Maybe we get second communist revolution?

That's a hell of a stand. How long would it have to be? Week? Two weeks? Bc Russian troops are moving through the streets of Kyev right now :jbhmm:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Thanks to the west
Because of many factors. The privatization process would give vouchers for shares of state owned factories etc
But to get a major part of vouchers you had to be someone or know somebody. The old communist elite was naturally the closest to the process and settled in. It was a free for all and yeah, west was too busy celebrating ussr falling apart to notice regular people getting fukked over. And regular people had no concept of economy or basiccapitalist market so they fell prey to every ponzi scheme and pyramid in existence.

One of the main reasons Putin has this power because most Russians hate the 90s when they were dirt poor there was chaos in the streets and everyone was corrupt on every level and there was no one they could complain to.

Part of soviet union nostalgia was that even tho people werent rich there was stability and order, even if the party was corrupt.