Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
So what are the big updates over the last month or so? Been out of the loop. I see the pro-Putin crowd is back on the Coli talking about Ukraine is losing again. I had figured it was about to get too cold/snowy for much progress on either side to occur, after that big Ukrainian offensive. And while I'm behind the loop it seems like that's the case? As in no major losses have occurred for either side since then.

Russian forces are making modest advances on non-strategic fronts in 1 territory at a TREMENDOUS loss in lives and wounded.

Russian forces unable to keep up with demands for artillery, rockets and drones in the field. Firing 75% less in direct fire than it was previously capable of which directly correlates to how many kia and wounded they are getting now because AFU long range fire is ruining them and making them back away from front lines. Add in AFU ground soldiers and volunteers are absolutely fearless and bent on expelling every russian in its territoty including Crimea. West continues to pour in money Ukraine. China holding its nose reconsidering Taiwan :whoo:

.. and Sweden and Finland joined NATO.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[···]
.. and Sweden and Finland joined NATO.
[···]
Nah, Turkey hasnt approved and is "blackmailing" them in exchange of some Kurds/Political opposition Turks but Sweden and Finland don't want to play this game.

It is said that Erdogan may allow it once its presidential election is over, so after May 2023.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nah, Turkey hasnt approved and is "blackmailing" them in exchange of some Kurds/Political opposition Turks but Sweden and Finland don't want to play this game.

It is said that Erdogan may allow it once its presidential election is over, so after May 2023.

it's only a matter of time and it's not like Russia will attack Sweden or Finland anyways(I guess)...

Turkey met with US officials today and the meeting didn't go well

Turkey wants more F-16s so they can kill Syrians and Kurds and surprisingly a decent number of senators here aren't willing to oblige them apparently

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
it's only a matter of time and it's not like Russia will attack Sweden or Finland anyways(I guess)...

Turkey met with US officials today and the meeting didn't go well

Turkey wants more F-16s so they can kill Syrians and Kurds and surprisingly a decent number of senators here aren't willing to oblige them apparently
Yeah but they technically aren't in yet which is what I was trying to say.

Both countries are already at NATO standards or close to it I believe so it would have defo been a breeze if Erdogan wasnt trying to play both sides with everybody every time.