Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Of course. They’re in a bad demographic crisis, like Russia. But Russia has more people.
That's always been Russia thing though right. Through an endless supply of meat into the meat grinder and over whelm the enemy.

Thing is it looks like they haven't had competent generals or even ncos probably since they helped plan the Korean War and gave the Chinese/north Koreans war plans...(they refused to directly fight America)

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That's always been Russia thing though right. Through an endless supply of meat into the meat grinder and over whelm the enemy.

Thing is it looks like they haven't had competent generals or even ncos probably since they helped plan the Korean War and gave the Chinese/north Koreans war plans...(they refused to directly fight America)

I looked into Chinese battle tactics/strategies in Korea quite a bit last year.

I think there’s a misconception in the West about China’s army in that era. I’m still wow’d by them putting UN forces into a stalemate and the foolishness of MacArthur.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

I think there’s a misconception in the West about China’s army in that era. I’m still wow’d by them putting UN forces into a stalemate and the foolishness of MacArthur.
Yea I heard they (Mao forces) were used by their enemies to Help defend china..Mao then usurped power took over china.

So the North Korean forces were battle tested.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

I would love to hear you go into further detail. :feedme:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I would love to hear you go into further detail. :feedme:

Some broad notes about the People's Liberation Army (PLA) circa 1950 - prior to their invasion of North Korea:
  • Unlike the US military, which demobilized by the late 1940s, the Communist PLA remained fighting against Chinese Nationalist forces after the surrender and evacuation of Japanese troops from China. By the time the PLA had emerged victorious in their long struggle against warlords, nationalists and the Japanese (to a limited extent), they had battle-hardened troops that had their own military doctrine.
  • The People's Volunteer Army, the Chinese force that invaded North Korea to stave off defeat for the North Koreans, was trained to conduct war strategically through surprising foes (i.e. the invasion of North Korea itself) through concentrated attack and then envelop, block or trap opposing forces (i.e. Battle of Choisin River).
  • Tactically, the Chinese tended to attack at night (to avoid UN bombers) with small arms after company sized units got as close as possible to UN positions. One unit would attempt to block the escape route of UN forces while other units attacked frontally and on the sides until that unit was destroyed.
  • I think one thing that the Chinese could not account for was how willing UN forces were willing to bomb every last inch of North Korea to defeat the Chinese. I think the UN forces dropped more bombs and destroyed North Korea more thoroughly than they did Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan. However, Chinese Communist leadership under Mao wasn't that afraid. When Mao found out that Gen. McArthur considered nuking China, Mao allegedly was not afraid citing that China's large population would sustain a people's war if America used nuclear arms.
Here's a wiki article that describes the phases of China's war against the US:
People's Volunteer Army - Wikipedia

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
The Korean War began on June 25, 1950, when North Korea, led by Communist leader Kim Il-sung, invaded South Korea, which was supported by the United States and other Western countries. The invasion was a surprise attack and caught South Korea and the United States off guard. The United Nations intervened on behalf of South Korea, and the war became a proxy conflict between the United States and the Soviet Union, with China also becoming involved on the side of North Korea.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Some broad notes about the People's Liberation Army (PLA) circa 1950 - prior to their invasion of North Korea:
  • Unlike the US military, which demobilized by the late 1940s, the Communist PLA remained fighting against Chinese Nationalist forces after the surrender and evacuation of Japanese troops from China. By the time the PLA had emerged victorious in their long struggle against warlords, nationalists and the Japanese (to a limited extent), they had battle-hardened troops that had their own military doctrine.
  • The People's Volunteer Army, the Chinese force that invaded North Korea to stave off defeat for the North Koreans, was trained to conduct war strategically through surprising foes (i.e. the invasion of North Korea itself) through concentrated attack and then envelop, block or trap opposing forces (i.e. Battle of Choisin River).
  • Tactically, the Chinese tended to attack at night (to avoid UN bombers) with small arms after company sized units got as close as possible to UN positions. One unit would attempt to block the escape route of UN forces while other units attacked frontally and on the sides until that unit was destroyed.
  • I think one thing that the Chinese could not account for was how willing UN forces were willing to bomb every last inch of North Korea to defeat the Chinese. I think the UN forces dropped more bombs and destroyed North Korea more thoroughly than they did Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan. However, Chinese Communist leadership under Mao wasn't that afraid. When Mao found out that Gen. McArthur considered nuking China, Mao allegedly was not afraid citing that China's large population would sustain a people's war if America used nuclear arms.
Here's a wiki article that describes the phases of China's war against the US:
People's Volunteer Army - Wikipedia
I just read something

Regarding sino-soviet split
"In addition, Beijing resented the Soviet Union's growing ties with India due to factors such as the Sino-Indian border dispute, and Moscow feared that Mao was too nonchalant about the horrors of nuclear warfare.[3]"

Mao was was the shyts when it came to nuclear warfare ..no matter the fallout :picard: