Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:bryan:

Breh They lost like 2 generals a month or more at one point. No way they only lost 30k troops...they're getting bodied by fukking drones even.

Can you imagine someone like General Zhukov being bodied early in World War 2 by some bullshyt miles away from the frontlines.
30k is still a wild number, you act like it's low but that's an average of 100 dead per day straight for 10 months :mindblown:

100k of casualties is what both the UK and the US stated at the end of 2022 and they both said they included wounded and/or deserters.

UK secretary of defense in december : Ben Wallace – 2022 Statement on Situation in Ukraine (20 December 2022] – UKPOL.CO.UK
Since it began its offensive on 24 February, Russia has failed to achieve its strategic objectives. Not one single operational commander then in place on 24 February is in charge now. Russia has lost significant numbers of generals and commanding officers. Rumours of General Gerasimov’s dismissal persist as Putin deflects responsibility for continued military failure in Ukraine, high fatality rates and increasing public dissatisfaction with mobilisation is growing. More than 100,000 Russians are dead, injured or have deserted. And Russian capability has been severely hampered by the destruction of more than 4,500 armoured and protected vehicles, as well as more than 140 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft, and hundreds of other artillery pieces.

US General Milley from the Chiefs of Staff in November :
The Pentagon assesses that over 100,000 Russian soldiers have been killed or injured and “probably” an equivalent number of Ukrainian soldiers, Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said at an event in New York on Wednesday night. An additional 40,000 Ukrainian civilians have also died or been injured, and as many as 30 million have been forced to flee their homes, he said.

Standard ratios for wounded to dead vary but an average approach is often to go 3-to-1.

If Russia had 100k dead, even with the lowest 2-to-1 ratio, that would mean they would have been annihilated and Ukraine would be routing them all the way back to Moscow.

This thread often points out the ridiculous propaganda from ruskies but forget that Ukraine also does some. Inflating the opponent's KIAs or make it seem that casualty=killed only.

I'm fine with cheerleading Ukraine but at least, let's try to be accurate

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
30k is still a wild number, you act like it's low but that's an average of 100 dead per day straight for 10 months :mindblown:

100k of casualties is what both the UK and the US stated at the end of 2022 and they both said they included wounded and/or deserters.

Standard ratios for wounded to dead vary but an average approach is often to go 3-to-1.

If Russia had 100k dead, even with the lowest 2-to-1 ratio, that would mean they would have been annihilated and Ukraine would be routing them all the way back to Moscow.

This thread often points out the ridiculous propaganda from ruskies but forget that Ukraine also does some. Inflating the opponent's KIAs or make it seem that casualty=killed only.

I had a dream where I was in an Ethiopian church and we talm bout Stalin and i was like "he killed like 30 60 million"..

Then someone else was like.."nah probably like 6 or 7million"

:jbhmm:
You right I forget we have propaganda against commies as well.

No doubt Stalin got his purge on and famines but I'm sure those numbers were exaggerated.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
also did a lil digging on the photoshop thing, i was wrong about it being an issue of russia not bothering to give mobiks/convicts dress uniforms

this is the 64th motor rifle brigade which was responsible for bucha, honored as a whole, then destroyed at izium. they got the same treatment, look at the head sizes in the bottom right. :lolbron:

I Drew Vigil... : r/Rainbow6

Jaline Quinto on Twitter: Am I the only one who thinks of Beetlejuice when  I read about Seattle's smaller head tax that Durkan proposed?  https://t.co/SjJeBB2nYQ / Twitter

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

But isn’t Russia pulling from other countries and Wagner group? Plus the separatist in eastern Ukraine. What constitutes a Russian soldier is up for grabs.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
cease fire means "hey guys let's just keep what we have right now and let us regroup so we can restart when it's more favorable to us."

Yup, Russia was talking big shyt all last week with outrageous demands of Ukraine and now they're like Christmas Orthodox ceasefire

:laff:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
But isn’t Russia pulling from other countries and Wagner group? Plus the separatist in eastern Ukraine. What constitutes a Russian soldier is up for grabs.
The overall count for russian casualties include mercenaries, same for Ukraine.

It just not possible that 300k Rus are out of combat, if that was the case, Ukraine would be pushing them back to their officially recognized borders.

And that 100k casualties is from US and UK officials, not from me.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The overall count for russian casualties include mercenaries, same for Ukraine.

It just not possible that 300k Rus are out of combat, if that was the case, Ukraine would be pushing them back to their officially recognized borders.

And that 100k casualties is from US and UK officials, not from me.

The decadence of the West

:wow:

How many casualties do you truly believe that Russia has suffered in your heart of hearts?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Ukraine should not go with it.
Keep foot on neck till the foreseeable future.

No doubt.
Russia doesn't have the economy for a long term war. Only America and China can manage that.

Ehh... I don't think anybody including China can do it as big and for as long as the U.S.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
The decadence of the West

:wow:

How many casualties do you truly believe that Russia has suffered in your heart of hearts?
If the number was 100k at the end in nov/dec 2022, the number of casualties from Russians is probably above 100k now. If we take 10k/month then in january, it would be probable for it to be at 110k by end of month.

Casualties obviously including dead, injured and deserters so probably from 25k to 35k dead.