Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

QVYUWut.png

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Putin's spy chief says he discussed Ukraine with CIA director​

Reuters1 minute readNovember 30, 20227:22 AM ESTLast Updated 6 hours ago
Victory Day Parade in Moscow

Sergey Naryshkin, the head of Russia’s foreign intelligence agency, attends the Victory Day Parade in Red Square in Moscow, Russia June 24, 2020. The military parade, marking the 75th anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany in World War Two, was scheduled for May 9 but postponed due to the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). REUTERS/Maxim Shemetov
Nov 30 (Reuters) - Russian foreign intelligence chief Sergei Naryshkin said in an interview published on Wednesday that he discussed nuclear issues and Ukraine in a meeting earlier this month with United States Central Intelligence Agency Director William Burns.

The two men met in Turkey on Nov. 14 in the highest-level face-to-face contact between the two sides since Russia invaded Ukraine in February.

Russia has not previously commented on what was discussed, saying the subject matter was sensitive. Washington has said Burns delivered a warning about the consequences of any Russian use of nuclear weapons.

Register for free to Reuters and know the full story​

Elizabeth Rood, chargee d'affaires at the U.S. embassy in Moscow, told Russia's RIA news agency this week that Burns "did not negotiate anything and he did not discuss a settlement of the conflict in Ukraine".
Naryshkin told RIA: "For my part, I confirm Ms Rood's statement. Additionally, I can note that the most frequently used words at this meeting were 'strategic stability', 'nuclear security', 'Ukraine' and 'Kyiv regime'."
He also confirmed Rood's comments that the two countries had a channel to manage risks and that if there was a need for another such conversation, it could happen.

Register for free to Reuters and know the full story​

Reporting by Reuters; Editing by Mark Trevelyan
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That one seems difficult to believe. Are there some large # of Russians who both lack refrigeration and then have some sudden need for it in December? Not saying the commentary is fake but it seems weird.

What about the frozen fish one?

:russ:

Maybe your decadent Western life has corrupted your world view, try to be more class conscious

:troll:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What about the frozen fish one?

:russ:

Maybe your decadent Western life has corrupted your world view, try to be more class conscious

:troll:

Frozen fish is food, but ice is ice lol. I've had a ton of experience in poor countries where folk don't have refrigeration, but they're all in warm places and on top of that I thought Russia was doing better than that. Maybe not tho?