Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
According to Nap, this is primarily a religious war being waged by Putin.
Scust priest

According to @Rhakim, Ukraine should adopt a strategy of nonviolence against the Russian invasion.
hubieduck

According to the Putin-stans, NATO has been expanding in a threatening way ever since it's creation and this in itself is cause for it's invasion of Ukraine.
MJ Tank Helmet

According to me, Putin has fantasies of recreating the USSR by retaking Eastern Europe through the degradation of their political systems and eventually by military means. Ukraine is well within their rights to fukk up any invading Russian on their soil until all land taken is back in Ukrainian hands.
helmet

That's about it in a nutshell.
That last accordion sounds the most reasonable. I'm just sitting back watching it unfold. Only solid opinion i have is that this shyt is interesting af

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
gas prices coming down!

:mjgrin:

Chevron Gets New U.S. License to Pump Oil in Venezuela Again​

New license from Treasury Department allows Chevron to return to Venezuela’s oil fields after years of strict sanctions​

By Andrew Restuccia
Follow

and Collin Eaton
Follow

Updated Nov. 26, 2022 at 1:35 pm ET
im-674181

Following the agreement, the Biden administration granted Chevron a license that would allow the California-based oil company to return to its Venezuelan oil fields in joint ventures with Venezuela’s national oil company Petróleos de Venezuela SA The new license, granted by the Treasury Department, would permit Chevron to pump Venezuelan oil for the first time in years.
Biden administration officials said the license prohibits PdVSA from receiving profits from Chevron’s oil sales. The officials said the U.S. is prepared to revoke or amend the license, which will be in effect for six months, at any time if Venezuela doesn’t negotiate in good faith.
“If Maduro again tries to use these negotiations to buy time to further consolidate his criminal dictatorship, the United States and our international partners must snap back the full force of our sanctions,” said Sen. Robert Menendez (D., N.J.), the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Newsletter Sign-up
The 10-Point.
A personal, guided tour to the best scoops and stories every day in The Wall Street Journal.

The U.S. policy shift could signal an opening for other oil companies to resume their business in Venezuela two years after the Trump administration clamped down on Chevron and other companies’ activities there as part of a maximum pressure campaign meant to oust the Maduro government.
José de Córdoba and Patricia Garip contributed to this article.
Write to Andrew Restuccia at andrew.restuccia@wsj.com and Collin Eaton at collin.eaton@wsj.com

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
According to Nap, this is primarily a religious war being waged by Putin.
Scust priest
primarily? no

A convenient and overlooked motivator? yes

I think WE AS AMERICANS dont understand these long term thinking old societies driven by that blood and soil shyt.

Thats why the fascists in the USA barely take off because the USA is more of an "idea" than an actual "place" rooted with specific people.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
primarily? no

A convenient and overlooked motivator? yes

I think WE AS AMERICANS dont understand these long term thinking old societies driven by that blood and soil shyt.

Thats why the fascists in the USA barely take off because the USA is more of an "idea" than an actual "place" rooted with specific people.

My bad, didn't mean to misrepresent your take but you do stay bringing it up. If you don't think it's Putin's primary motivation then what do you think those things are?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
My bad, didn't mean to misrepresent your take but you do stay bringing it up. If you don't think it's Putin's primary motivation then what do you think those things are?
look dude, I'm an atheist. we all know this.

But this cultural conservatism is driving all these right wingers into hanging out with Orban and Putin as defenders of white christian conservatism.

I still refer to this tweet from time to time. Peep the time stamp.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
look dude, I'm an atheist. we all know this.

But this cultural conservatism is driving all these right wingers into hanging out with Orban and Putin as defenders of white christian conservatism.

I still refer to this tweet from time to time. Peep the time stamp.

Yeah, that's the hallmark of fascism. There is no real ideology or belief other than the pursuit of power. Religion is a no brainer as an exploitative tool in Putin's land grab. But that's all it is, one of many tools that he wields to maintain as much control as possible. I personally pay little mind to it in relation to the other grievances I believe fuel Putin's hunger for war. At the end of the day he wants to reestablish the USSR geographically and thought that the West was in such a state of decline that last year was his time to strike for real. He was wrong. If he was smart he would have done this a couple of months before Trump left office but that's just Monday morning QBing. I appreciate you bringing this aspect of the war to the forefront but at the end of the day, if the Russian Orthodox Church vanished tomorrow, absolutely nothing would change so far as Putin's view on the war.

Levels