Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
May be an image of text that says 'You can also commit injustice by doing nothing. MARCUS AURELIUS''You can also commit injustice by doing nothing. MARCUS AURELIUS'

:handshake:

As I said:

Gandhi's quotes on this matter are worth remembering:

"My non-violence does not admit of running away from danger and leaving dear ones unprotected. Between violence and cowardly flight, I can only prefer violence to cowardice....non-violence is the summit of bravery."

"Non-violence cannot be taught to a person who fears to die and has no power of resistance."

"For I cannot in any case tolerate cowardice. Let no one say when I am gone that I taught the people to be cowards...I would far rather that you died bravely dealing a blow and receiving a blow than died in abject terror...fleeing from battle is cowardice and unworthy of a warrior...cowardice is worse than violence because cowards can never be non-violent."

I think many causes are worth dying for. I think no cause is worth killing for. And I don't think I should ever get to be the one who tells other people they have to die for my cause.