Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Combat stripes... :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Someone was saying something about Russia not sending spies in with war dodgers because something something... :dry:
How could Putin not do exactly this?

The reason you avoided tagging me and omitted my argument as "something something" was because you full well know your counter is crap and that this turn of events exactly supports my position.

The poster I responded to claimed that 1 in 10 Russian refugees is a planted spy. I said it was ridiculous to think they had that level of resources just sitting around waiting to be burned, and that in general Russian refugee was a shytty cover and if they had those assets they'd already have them in place other ways.

The video proves what I said. The three Russian spies in the story were under the cover of:

a) Brazilian academic who spent years studying in Canada to build his cover
b) Brazilian citizen applying for an internship at The Hague
c) Peruvian jewelry seller who had built her cover for 10 years

THOSE are the type of covers Russians with any degree of spycraft are going to employ. They don't burn that level of prep/training on "I'm a Russian refugee, run my background and look at me!"

The other drone/photo cases mentioned in the video are uncertain because it appears most or all of them were booked and released, which suggests that Norway doesn't consider them serious threats. But every single one of them, if they were doing something nefarious, was under the cover of Russian TOURIST, not refugee. That's a huge difference because a tourist isn't going to be watched like a refugee is, a tourist can get away with shyt that a refugee can't (like driving around visiting lots of places or flying drones and taking pictures under the guise of tourism), and sending someone on a week-long mission as a tourist doesn't burn your asset the way sending them somewhere as a refugee does - they just come back after a week and you can use them again immediately within Russia or in any other country, even under a different identity.

It's like you didn't even want to understand or engage with my argument for why refugees are relatively low spying risks, you just wanted to talk trash and duck.