Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
I think people see that first strike and think Ukraine will be food but the first strike is often very effective because there is a surprise element to it.

Ukraine's army is 200k deep and they hate Russians, they will resist and retake some targets. Not only that but Russia doesnt have either the manpower at the ready or the economy to occupy Ukraine.

I agree. And all reports are saying that there's a pause in the attacks right now. I'm thinking that maybe Ukraine is putting up a better fight than was expected.

That's what I'm hoping at least.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Europe is still heavily dependent on Russia for energy and will continue to be paying them for natural gas in the middle of this. In fact natural gas prices are skyrocketing, so they’ll be paying them more than usual. No way to change this either, regardless of what Russia does.
I always thought it was foolish for Germany to be THAT reliant on Russian gas above all after the Crimean annexion. Germany phasing out its nuclear reactors after Fukushima made them even more vulnerable because it was accounting for 15% of its energy demand. And by end of 2022 they will close their last 3 ones.

Here's a nice viz about Russian gas imports
Europe’s Insatiable Thirst for Russia’s Gas

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Energy dependence on Russia. No sanctions can change this, only change in energy source mix and that’s not happening overnight or even in a few years. Russian civilians will feel the economic hit but the state will still have access to hard currency. Will be a lot of disbelief about how/why this is the case I suspect.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think people see that first strike and think Ukraine will be food but the first strike is often very effective because there is a surprise element to it.

Ukraine's army is 200k deep and they hate Russians, they will resist and retake some targets. Not only that but Russia doesnt have either the manpower at the ready or the economy to occupy Ukraine.

According to the Al Jazeera comment section Russia = real men NATO = homosexuals

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Energy dependence on Russia. No sanctions can change this, only change in energy source mix and that’s not happening overnight or even in a few years. Russian civilians will feel the economic hit but the state will still have access to hard currency. Will be a lot of disbelief about how/why this is the case I suspect.

Ludicrous. How is this comparing to the Russian army daily cost ?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
According to the Al Jazeera comment section Russia = real men NATO = homosexuals
I dont read comment sections, I've been on the internet long enough to know better :lolbron:

On a more serious note, I think it will be a couple of days before we see serious blowback from the Ukrainian army. They are the defensive right now and mitigating the assault and it takes some time to regroup and counter.

The numbers I read put the Russian/Belarus forces around the borders at 190k and the Ukraine forces 215k (not including reservists). So numerically it's impossible to occupy with those numbers and the counter will be real. Russia has the technological upper hand and far better experience after the several conflicts of the last decade though

Last edited:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
This Al Jazeera Ground Team is a bunch of old fukks all confused. One of them could not get his orientation right describing locations, and one just said Ukraine killed 50k Russian troops when it was only 50.