Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
10 years for voluntary surrendering

10 years not showing up to enlistment office when called for conscription

10 years for refusing to participate in hostilities

15 years for looting military equipment

10 to 15 plus Aggravated circumstance if desertion/refusal to follow orders committed on battlefield

In my best Kodak Black voice... its that Z shyt its THAT Z SHYT :damn:

Superstar
Daps
Not a gun breh, so maybe someone who was in the army and knows his firearms can help me, but isn't a selling point of AK47s their ability to work in almost any condition?

In that case, despite how bad those guns look, would they still work?

You would have to break them all down and look at their internals. The thing that gives them the reputation is the fact that they’re piston driven.

Lots of lube, scrubbing, and inspection would be needed to determine what needs to be replaced. As long as the trigger group, hammer, and piston can move how they’re supposed to move and the barrel isn’t occluded or extremely worn, most piston driven rifles/carbines can still function. I almost forgot that the upper receivers can’t be too worn or severely rusted either.

They also need to be zero’d and or have the iron sights replaced. The stocks/furniture looks worn but would only need to be replaced if it’s going to fall apart during operation. Magazines need to be emptied, so that the mag and spring can be cleaned and inspected so they don’t cause a stoppage.

If they fire them in their current state there’s a chance they might seize, misfire, or have a malfunction so catastrophic that the barrel/upper receiver/bolt will explode.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You would have to break them all down and look at their internals. The thing that gives them the reputation is the fact that they’re piston driven.

Lots of lube, scrubbing, and inspection would be needed to determine what needs to be replaced. As long as the trigger group, hammer, and piston can move how they’re supposed to move and the barrel isn’t occluded or extremely worn, most piston driven rifles/carbines can still function. I almost forgot that the upper receivers can’t be too worn or severely rusted either.

They also need to be zero’d and or have the iron sights replaced. The stocks/furniture looks worn but would only need to be replaced if it’s going to fall apart during operation. Magazines need to be emptied, so that the mag and spring can be cleaned and inspected so they don’t cause a stoppage.

If they fire them in their current state there’s a chance they might seize, misfire, or have a malfunction so catastrophic that the barrel/upper receiver/bolt will explode.
i've literally never seen an AK get zeroed :mjlol: but yeah more or less you nailed it. its not like these guys are going to do anything other than walk in straight lines hoping that any fight they get into happens within 50m anyways

Superstar
Daps
Not a gun breh, so maybe someone who was in the army and knows his firearms can help me, but isn't a selling point of AK47s their ability to work in almost any condition?

In that case, despite how bad those guns look, would they still work?

I had to look it up and left out the fact that real deal AK’s are supposed to have chrome lined (hard chromed) internals (barrel, gas tube, etc) so that they don’t rust. I watched some videos of people testing rusty AK’s and licensed repro’s, they work but the magazines are new and they don’t really show if they internals are damaged or not.

Ideally if I pick up one of the rifles in the Reddit video I should be able to get a round or two off before the magazine potentially causes feed issues. Realistically they better clean the fukk out of those rifles and make sure the barrels aren’t pitted, worn, or cracked and the internals are damaged. It’s fukking stupid how they just stored rifles for who knows how long with no regular maintenance and inspections. They could have been sitting for decades.