Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Under Trump, China and Saudi Arabia openly thumbed their noses at the US and did what they wanted, as they know they had cover.

Funding an Ally doesn't mean they always have your back. Look at Israel's relationship with the US.

But outside of a very narrow range of behaviors, neither of them have any reason to stop doing whatever they want and thumbing their nose at the USA. I don't think this changes the power dynamic because the circumstances in which USA would try to stop them is pretty limited.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
But outside of a very narrow range of behaviors, neither of them have any reason to stop doing whatever they want and thumbing their nose at the USA. I don't think this changes the power dynamic because the circumstances in which USA would try to stop them is pretty limited.

I wish for nothing but democracy on them if that’s true.

Ukraine certainly destroyed any inkling that Russia is a counterbalance to the US

Russia barely had a navy and air force but whatever and they have less of one now

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I wish for nothing but democracy on them if that’s true.

Ukraine certainly destroyed any inkling that Russia is a counterbalance to the US

Russia barely had a navy and air force but whatever and they have less of one now

When people were saying "B...b...but Russia is a Super Power!"

I had to roll my eyes.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Trump's and the right wing media's bowing to Putin is so fukking bizarre. I don't understand how that has become defensible for conservatives.:dahell:

Who the fukk is telling Tucker Carlson to defend Russia? Why did Trump try to take apart NATO??
Adding to what @Rhakim said :
Putin's Russia is also quite religious (orthodox) and being so, what current Russia criticizes Europe for (the US a bit less) is their moral decadence mostly regarding LGBT rights but also any other form of progressivism (diversity, freedom of speech etc)

Russia is also a mostly white country (though we can debate about how white its Eastern territories is) and its nature of a quasi ethno state nature is a goal for conservatives in every Western countries (hence why all far right parties in Europe have links and finances with Putin). Russia is seen as still pure in that regard opposed to multicultural countries in the West (Russia has minorities but they are almost all Eurasian)

Russia hasnt been a communist state since the fall of the USSR so when the Western far rights are siding with Putin, they arent siding with commies, they are siding with fellow conservatives.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is there analysis about what happens to Russia and the region if the Putin regime collapses?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Is there analysis about what happens to Russia and the region if the Putin regime collapses?
Top 30 Ashy Larry GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Ashy Larry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY