Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Trump's and the right wing media's bowing to Putin is so fukking bizarre. I don't understand how that has become defensible for conservatives.:dahell:

Who the fukk is telling Tucker Carlson to defend Russia? Why did Trump try to take apart NATO??

#1: Europe now defines "progressivism" to American conservatives. The fact that so many of our allies moved faster than us in that direction and are mostly happy with it causes conservatives to be frightened that hope, change, the future, etc. are all being defined by progressive ideals. So they look to any regressive governments as a new model - Orban, Putin, Netanyahu, etc. (for the really bold ones, al-Sisi, Duterte, Sen, etc.)

#2: Unsurprisingly, those regressive governments also tend to be anti-democratic. which until recently would have been a strike against them for conservatives who were all about "spreading democracy" and such, but with the rise of Trump, authoritarian anti-democratic rule is a feature, not a bug.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So the USA and Europe just showed China and the Saudis that anyone's shyt can get fukked up in 6 months or less.

If the Western nations make it through which nter and the oil restrictions the balance of power may stay shifted for a long time.

You said that as if the Saudis aren't our allies. We literally fund and supply their war escapades. :what:

I think China's ambitions are overstated. 90% of what they wish to achieve is economic, and most of what they do in military buildup is primarily for national pride and propaganda purposes. It's little different than their Olympic quests. I mean sure, in some reality they would like to have Taiwan someday and be advantageous in their border dispute with India, but I don't think any actual war maneuver is as important to their agenda as it was to Putin. Russia constantly tries to run other countries over, whereas China has been content to sit back on its land. If this war has shown them that going into Taiwan is a bad idea, I doubt that will represent a "shift in the balance of power" so much as it will simply mean China will keep its energy directed on economic influence of southeast Asia, Africa, BRICS, etc.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

So delusional, they are REALLY still saying that Putin is holding back.

nutcracker suit. :dead:
He's gonna die.

Trump's and the right wing media's bowing to Putin is so fukking bizarre. I don't understand how that has become defensible for conservatives.:dahell:

Who the fukk is telling Tucker Carlson to defend Russia? Why did Trump try to take apart NATO??
Hopefully we find the answers to these hard hitting questions.

Imagine being a Ukrainian right now and out of nowhere you have the second best military in the world. And it happened so fast. But Jebus Christo at the amount of gear and ammo the Russians just handed over to Ukraine. They couldn't even take the time to destroy it on the way out? Are they planning on coming back for it?

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
They either left those tanks there because they had no fuel or they were afraid they would be targeted if used to escape. Either way it's fukking unreal.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Ukraine Regains Control of Sviatohirsk, Donetsk Oblast, Officials Say​

Mon, September 12, 2022 at 9:19 PM

The town of Sviatohirsk, Donetsk Oblast, was recaptured by Ukrainian forces on September 12, officials said, as they continued to push out Russian troops from eastern Ukraine.

Footage posted by the National Guard of Ukraine shows soldier Vitaly Markiv in front of a building with signs reading “Public Reception Hall of the Sviatohirsk City Council” and “Sviatohirsk City Territorial Election Commission.”

“Units of the National Guard, Armed Forces of Ukraine and Territorial Defense have entered Sviatohirsk. Step by step, meter by meter, we are liberating our territory from the occupiers,” Markiv said according to a translation.

Sviatohirsk has been occupied by Russian forces, however the Sviatohirska Lavra, which is located on the other side of the Siversky Donets River, had been under the control of Ukrainian forces, according to local reports. Credit: National Guard of Ukraine via Storyful

bnew

Veteran
Daps
So delusional, they are REALLY still saying that Putin is holding back.

He's gonna die.

Hopefully we find the answers to these hard hitting questions.

Imagine being a Ukrainian right now and out of nowhere you have the second best military in the world. And it happened so fast. But Jebus Christo at the amount of gear and ammo the Russians just handed over to Ukraine. They couldn't even take the time to destroy it on the way out? Are they planning on coming back for it?

ain't no takebacks in war. all those weapons, tanks and I think they even got a plane belongs to ukraine now.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You said that as if the Saudis aren't our allies. We literally fund and supply their war escapades. :what:

I think China's ambitions are overstated. 90% of what they wish to achieve is economic, and most of what they do in military buildup is primarily for national pride and propaganda purposes. It's little different than their Olympic quests. I mean sure, in some reality they would like to have Taiwan someday and be advantageous in their border dispute with India, but I don't think any actual war maneuver is as important to their agenda as it was to Putin. Russia constantly tries to run other countries over, whereas China has been content to sit back on its land. If this war has shown them that going into Taiwan is a bad idea, I doubt that will represent a "shift in the balance of power" so much as it will simply mean China will keep its energy directed on economic influence of southeast Asia, Africa, BRICS, etc.
Under Trump, China and Saudi Arabia openly thumbed their noses at the US and did what they wanted, as they know they had cover.

Funding an Ally doesn't mean they always have your back. Look at Israel's relationship with the US.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps

@Orbital-Fetus :ohhh:

Crimea by October...
gj5nawm.png