RUSSIA 🇷🇺 Thread: Wikileaks=FSB front, UKRAINE?, SNOWED LIED; NATO Aggression; Trump = Putins B!tch

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Obama had it nailed:

But I do think it’s important to keep perspective. Russia doesn’t make anything. Immigrants aren’t rushing to Moscow in search of opportunity. The life expectancy of the Russian male is around 60 years old. The population is shrinking. And so we have to respond with resolve in what are effectively regional challenges that Russia presents. We have to make sure that they don’t escalate where suddenly nuclear weapons are back in the discussion of foreign policy. And as long as we do that, then I think history is on our side.

Also this:

Almost everyone gets Russia wrong – apart from Obama | Trevor Timm

And this:

Putin is weak: The Russian strongman is terrified of losing control. He should be.

Doesn't matter if their economy isn't great. They have a ton of nukes. That's always a threat.

As long as Putin is president, they are not going to use nukes against America. He's a mastermind desperately trying to hold his country together, not a psychopath or an idiot.

If Putin falls out of power without significant reform happening first, then all bets are off, though I think the destruction is more likely to occur in their neighborhood than involve a strike directly on America. But obviously we're not talking about that scenario in this discussion.

Then how do they have their fingers in damn near every geopolitical power pot

You don't need a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ when you have a huge nuclear arsenal, a decent air fleet, and the leg up on everybody in cyber-warfare

According to the US government, Russia is influencing the US elections, Netherland's referendum, annexed Crimea, making war crimes in Syria and hacking the shyt out of Pentagon servers.

Also, according to the US, Russia's economy is in shambles. :laff:

You are so used to shooting rice pickers and mule riders from helicopters with FLIR optics, you got too comfy.

We will fukk you up Yankees. Prepare for the war.
3ecc1013d885075f128ede512284d1d8.gif

Remind me how good the Russians are at influencing US elections. Where is Trump at in the polls right now? :mjlol:

And they're some cyber-warfare greats? Remember, the USA literally broke down Iran's nuclear reactors and made them inoperable with cyber-warfare, and Iran couldn't even figure out what the hell had happened until the world's cybersecurity resources combined to solve the StuxNet mystery. THAT was real cyberwarfare.

Putin hasn't even managed to surpass the fapocalypse yet. :mjlol:

And what great power does it take to commit war crimes? Freaking Boko Haram can commit war crimes. :mjlol:

Russia can't defeat terrorists in Afghanistan, Chechnya, or Syria, and STILL hasn't taken Ukraine yet, but they're going to f up America. :mjlol:

Other than some weak cyber moves, Russia has done NOTHING outside of its border countries and Syria. And that makes sense, because Russia has NO military bases outside of its border and Syria. The fact that they can annex a bunch of Russians in Crimea means nothing...hell, they can't even control their OWN territory in Chechnya.

Now the governor of Chechnya (former rebel leader) has his own criminal gangs running all over Russia and Putin won't even put him in check because he's still shook. :mjlol:

I keep telling people. Folk need to garbage that USA #1 these color's don't run jingo crap.

Americans got TOO use to picking on small/piss ant opponents.
TOO use to air-superiority
TOO use to not getting touched by war. Because let's keep it real...americans haven't tasted war since the mid 19th century

There's a reason Americans haven't tasted war in 160 years...and even then it was our own men. :usure:

Russia ain't touching us by war, and Russia isn't taking air superiority. Not even close.

The only way we war with Russia is if we do it in their own sphere of influence, because unless they have some terrorists they want to influence, they ain't sending anything our way. Certainly not any real forces.

Their Navy is :sadcam: status compared to the USA. And how the heck they touching us with war without a Navy, when they're not stupid enough to throw nukes?

I ain't saying that Russia isn't a problem. But they're a problem like all our other problems. They are not a serious rival.

And not a single person has even tried to give an argument against the fact that outside of oil sales, their economy is :scust:.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
This guy is gonna post lies supported by liars. As if I'm supposed to be like yeah, well Vox said it, The Guardian said it so it must be true. Lie to yourself and confirm your bias with the words of other liars. LOL.

Learn yourself how to come to a real conclusion and get back to me.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Helsinki Versus Yalta: A Conversation About Russia with NATO’s Vershbow
NATO's departing deputy secretary-general speaks about relations with Moscow

By
JULIAN E. BARNES
Oct 14, 2016 5:34 am ET
0 COMMENTS

BN-QG505_NATO10_J_20161014050705.jpg
ENLARGE
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, right, congratulates outgoing Deputy Secretary General Alexander Vershbow at his last meeting of alliance ambassadors.PHOTO: NATO

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s Alexander Vershbow steps down Monday as deputy secretary-general, capping a career that spans nearly four decades that has helped shape the approach of the United States and the Western allies to the Soviet Union and Russia. He sat down with The Wall Street Journal this week to discuss relations with Russia. Edited excerpts follow.

Q. You have been dealing with Russia for the bulk of your career. Talk about the arc of the relationship as you have seen it. Where do we stand now?

“I became a student of Russia when I was still in high school when I had the chance to study the language and visited the Soviet Union in 1969. Ten years later, I was a young diplomat in the embassy in Moscow. It was a bleak period. It was a global superpower competition. But there was, by that time, a certain element of predictability to the relationship, at least in the birthplace of the Cold War, Europe…”

“The main competition was on the global arena, Afghanistan … Ethiopia, Angola and Nicaragua. The competition was outside of Europe but inside Europe we were achieving a certain element of stability.

“Fast forward to my first tour at NATO in 1991 when, thanks to the Gorbachev phenomenon, the Cold War came to an end, mostly peacefully. We were able to make enormous strides to healing the divisions of Europe… Despite differences over [NATO] enlargement, we were able to work with the Russians. We even had Russian peacekeepers shoulder to shoulder with NATO soldiers in Bosnia and later in Kosovo.

“The possibility of a partnership was still there when I arrived as deputy secretary-general in 2012. … But the world changed in 2014. In some ways it was back to the rivalry of the Cold War but it is also very different. Because when I served in Brezhnev’s Russia and worked at the State Department desk in ’80s and headed the desk in the late ’80s, Russia was interested in strengthening the rules-based system. Russia was trying to create a stable status quo… We were able to cooperate in Europe and achieve a basic stability. We don’t have that any more. Putin is a revisionist leader who wants to, I think, roll back the post-Cold War settlement…

“We have a situation where Russia does not accept the rules in Europe and so therefore Europe is the most unstable peace. That is different than the Cold War. They are not a status-quo power. They want to reestablish spheres of influence. Our model is Helsinki. Their model is Yalta.”

Q: What are the implications of that, what are the prospects for dialogue?

“We have to be realistic about how much we can achieve with Russia. We can’t be fatalistic. We have to try to convince them to lower the risks in the relationship, restore transparency and predictability so that inadvertent incidents don’t spin out of control. But going back to the more creative achievements of the détente period, much less the post-Cold War period, the prospects are pretty dim.

“Reaching agreements on anything will be more difficult. but it is in our own vital interests, and we have to persuade the Russians that it is in their own vital interests, to manage what is going to be a competitive relationship overall. But at least to restore some of the predictability and stability we used to have in the détente period.

“But that requires a political decision in Moscow that they want to be transparent… We have taken the moral and justifiable stance when it comes to going back practical cooperation, to business as usual, it is simply impossible as long as they remain entrenched in Ukraine. It would be a betrayal of the Ukrainians and our principles to basically let bygones be bygones. We made that mistake—to some degree—after the Georgia war.”

Q: What are the prospects that sanctions against Russia for their actions in Ukraine will be extended?

“There are political leaders in and out of government who complain about the economic burden and some who are prepared to reach an accommodation with Russia… Overall Europe has been steadfast and shown they are much more willing to stay the course than Putin may have calculated.”

Q. Will we see a NATO-Russia Council meeting in October?

“It is not clear when it will take place but I think it will happen in the coming weeks. We gave our reaction to the various proposals they presented at the July 13 NRC… We saw the Russians trying to get around our decisions to suspend practical cooperation. But on some issues, like aviation safety, we are ready to continue the discussion.”