RUSSIA 🇷🇺 Thread: Wikileaks=FSB front, UKRAINE?, SNOWED LIED; NATO Aggression; Trump = Putins B!tch

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Legendary NSA whistleblower explains why he said Snowden was becoming 'a traitor'

• May 1, 2015, 9:51 AM
  • EMAIL
  • screenshot/'The Program'

NSA whistleblower William Binney provided Business Insider with an explanation for why he told USA Today in June 2013 that Edward Snowden was "transitioning from whistleblower to a traitor."

The explanation is noteworthy on several levels. Binney provided Business Insider with a convoluted statement that included both denials and confirmations of what he said about the former NSA contractor's motives while committing largest leak of classified documents in US intelligence history.

In a follow-up statement, Binney said that Business Insider "fairly quoted me on USA Today."

Binney, a 32-year veteran of the US intelligence community and one of the best code breakers in NSA history, is one of the primary supporters of Snowden and a central character in the documentary "Citizenfour."

The mathematician told "Citizenfour" director Laura Poitras how he built a program called "Stellarwind," which served as a pervasive domestic spying apparatus after 9/11. Binney's story as a whistleblower sets the stage for footage showing Snowden's collaboration with Poitras in Hong Kong.

Snowden allegedly stole up to 1.77 million NSA document while working at two consecutive jobs for US government contractors in Hawaii from March 2012 to May 2013. The 31-year-oldgave an estimated 200,000 documents to American journalists Glenn Greenwald and Poitras in early June 2013. (The whereabouts of the rest of these documents are unknown.)

On June 12, Snowden additionally provided documents revealing "operational details of specific attacks on computers, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, dates of attacks and whether a computer was still being monitored remotely" to Lana Lam of the South China Morning Post (SCMP).

"So he is transitioning from whistleblower to a traitor"
    Four days after the SCMP interview, Binney gave an interview to USA Today in which he was asked about whether Snowden is a hero or a traitor.

"Certainly he performed a really great public service to begin with by exposing these programs and making the government in a sense publicly accountable for what they're doing," Binney said. "But now he is starting to talk about things like the government hacking into China and all this kind of thing. He is going a little bit too far.

"I don't think he had access to that program. ... from what I have read, anyway, he said that somebody, a reliable source, told him that the US government is hacking into all these countries. But that's not a public service, and now he is going a little beyond public service.

"So he is transitioning from whistle-blower to a traitor."

ap210795758073.jpg
    A South China Morning Post newspaper featuring the June 12 Snowden interviewAP/Kin Cheung

"Yeah I didn't see that interview."
    At a private luncheon hosted by Contrast Security, Business Insider asked Binney about his comments to USA Today in light of his outspoken support of the 31-year-old. His answers were as contradictory as they were informative, simultaneously denying his statement to USA Today and affirming it.

Binney initially said he did not mean to call out Snowden in his remarks — he instead blamed the leak on the reporters who published the information. Clearly caught off guard when pressed, Binney then said that exposing NSA operations in China "was the one thing I said [Snowden] shouldn't have done." Pressed further, Binney said that he never saw the SCMP interview in the first place.

The answers raise questions about how far Snowden's supporters are willing to go to defend him — even if it means disregarding the most troubling aspects of his document theft and disclosures.

Here's the transcript of the exchange:
    Business Insider: In June 2013, when you told the USA Today that, because of revelations of operational details to a Chinese newspaper, Snowden was transitioning from —

Binney: Actually, I didn't mean to say Snowden. I put it on the reporters who had the data. When they were talking about operational outcomes, they shouldn't have reported that.

Business Insider: What about Snowden's actual act of taking of the data and presenting it to the journalists? Because this was after Poitras, etc.

Binney: That's the one thing that shouldn't have been published. Otherwise I think Snowden is doing a …clearly a … civic contribution to the entire world. It's in the public's interest to know all this stuff, how their rights are being taken away.

Business Insider: What about the list of computers in China that the NSA had hacked that he exposed?

Binney: That's the one thing I said he shouldn't have done.

Business Insider: Does that signify anything or is that just a mistake to you?

Binney: I think that was just a mistake on the reporter's part, they shouldn't have done that.

Business Insider: But [Snowden] took the information and offered it to them.

Binney: I think he just captured a lot of data and now he's sucked in.

Business Insider: But he gave it to the Chinese journalist, it was very specific to them.

Binney: I would question who gave that to them.

Business Insider: OK. But he said it in the interview. He said, "I captured all of this information" and then he provided them with operational details.

Binney: I didn't see that so I'm not sure. I knew it was reported and that was the one thing I objected to being reported.

Business Insider: What did you think of the interview itself? Because he told them why he was giving them the information.

Binney: Yeah I didn't see that interview.

Business Insider: With the SCMP?

Binney: No I didn't.

snow-26.jpg
    A screenshot of Rossia 24 TV channel shows Edward Snowden on a boat trip in Moscow in September.REUTERS

Binney told USA Today that "from what I have read, anyway, he said that somebody, a reliable source, told him that the US government is hacking into all these countries."

Here's what Snowden told SCMP: "My position with Booz Allen Hamilton granted me access to lists of machines all over the world the NSA hacked. That is why I accepted that position about three months ago."

UPDATE 5/1: Binney provided Business Insider with a statement after reviewing the SCMP interviews.

"As I have said in the past, revealing specific targets or successes of US intelligence activities is not in the public interest," Binney said over email. "You have fairly quoted me on USA Today."

"I would, however, also point out that our same type targets are also the objective of foreign intelligence. So, that's no news to the Chinese or the Russians etc. I originally thought that this was provided by the reporters that received the data from Edward Snowden which was, according to the reporting, my mistake.

"I would however also point out that when fighting an all powerful government (ours) that is violating all the founding principals of our country (our Constitution) on such a grand scale in secret, some mistakes are likely to be made. From the larger perspective, I hold the same view of what has happened in our country as Gen Odom a former Director of NSA. He said in 2006 that he thought Bush should be impeached and Hayden court-martialed.

"I view what our government has been doing since 9/11 as TREASON against the founding principals of our country. This TREASON is a direct violation of their oath of office to protect and defend the constitution - the president also is to preserve it. As things stand now, we should remove any reference to the constitution in the oath of office for the president, congress, or anyone in national government."

@tmonster
@Brown_Pride @Ben Carson @cook @DEAD7 @H@LLOW @superunknown23 @Black Reign @FaTaL
@Domingo Halliburton @Ill @strapped @88m3 @hashmander @Skooby [USER=1507]@LeyeT @mbewane @Leasy @el_oh_el @Swavy Karl Marx @Darth Humanist @hayesc0 @tmonster @Ed MOTHERfukkING G @keepemup @Broletariat @mson @FAH1223 @ADevilYouKhow @Dominique Wilkins @Liu Kang @Futuristic Eskimo @Leasy @Type Username Here
@Tuling @Always-Right Liggins @Max B @Primordial @King Ming @franknitty711 @unit321 @Spidey Man @mbewane [/USER] @sicc2def @Nomadum @Skooby @choc_cardigan @Dirty_Jerz @killacal @midwesthiphop @smitty22 @The Fukin Prophecy @Reality @Atlrocafella @Joe Sixpack @PewPew @Orbital-Fetus @Misanthrope @KidStranglehold @CriticalThought @rapbeats @JahFocus CS @Din0can @Tunez @Tjbenz @Lucky Millionaire @The Taxman @NERO @Shogun @Abso831 @zerozero @BigJohnsons @Reggie Rhodes @KeysT @badhat @Joey Chizzle @Gravity

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
When did Snowden go over to the Russians?

When did Snowden go over to the Russians?
May 31, 2014

In three weeks, Edward Snowden will celebrate having lived one year in Vladimir Putin’s Russia. Everybody familiar with espionage, particularly when it involves Russians, understands that Ed lives under the watchful eye care of Russian intelligence, as he has from the moment he set foot in Moscow. He is working for them now, indeed he really has no choice. They provide his lawyer, his watchers, and they control his movements and actions. How this works was recently explained by the retired KGB general who made his legendary name recruiting and running American traitors just like Ed.

Naturally, Ed’s defenders, as well as people uninformed about intelligence – there’s a good deal of overlap between those two groups – ask for “evidence” that Ed is working for the Russians. To ask the question indicates a deep misunderstanding, perhaps willful, of how the espionage game is played, particularly by Chekists. Vladimir Putin’s Russia does not take in American intelligence defectors – and if you don’t understand that word, don’t question its use here – without something in return (see: quid pro quo, another term that’s relevant). We will not have the full story on what exactly happened with this case for years, maybe decades, probably when a Russian intelligence officer defects to the West with insider details, as sometimes happens. Until then, however, much of the essential outline is visible.

The critical question from a counterintelligence viewpoint is: When did Ed go over to the Russians? That answer will elaborate a great deal about Snowden’s true motivations, and those of his collaborators and co-conspirators. (As readers of this blog are aware, I‘ve long advocated an examination of the key role in the Snowden Operation played by Wikileaks, and it’s more important than ever since Wikileaks has admitted they told Ed to leave Hong Kong and go to Russia a year ago.) In the SpyWar, as it’s played in the Division I game where the Russians are, defections happen, and there’s invariably a complicated backstory, and this case is surely no exception. Bob Baer, the famous CIA operations officer and media gadfly in his retirement from espionage, this week opined that Ed went over to the Russians back in 2007, when he was serving in Geneva as an IT guy on a CIA contract. That seems plausible, indeed it’s the most obvious place to look, given known Russian intelligence tradecraft (konspiratsiya – “conspiracy” – in Russian), but there are other possibilities too. Some have asked questions about an “ethical hacker” course Ed took in New Delhi in 2010, and that seems a story that needs investigation, given India’s longtime reputation as a playground for Russian intelligence.

What can be dismissed out of hand is the notion that, while staying in Hong Kong a year ago, Ed met with Russian spies – sorry, “diplomats” – at their consulate there and, all of a sudden, decided to hop a flight to Moscow. Espionage simply does not work that way, folks. We can only guess at what was on Ed’s mind, but those who know the Russian “special services” understand that such a scenario is so implausible that it can be ruled out altogether. The Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) simply does not allow American intelligence personnel they’ve just met to jump on a flight to Mother Russia. That never happens.

Why not, you ask? In real life, unlike in spy movies, the risks are too great. Deciding to work with a possible defector, particularly one from your main adversary, is a big step in and of itself, since both sides play sneaky operational games. In particular, they use dangles, fake agents who present themselves as tasty morsels, hoping for a bite. They show up uninvited to talk to the other side secretly, offering the hope of a big recruitment – if you’re the Russian intelligence officer working the duty desk the day that “Mr. Walker”* comes through the door, your career just got made if this works out. Remember that for the Russians, penetrations of U.S. intelligence are the Holy Grail of espionage, while recruiting a spy inside NSA – the prime target that Kremlin spymasters termed OMEGA during the Cold War – was the highest of all KGB, and now SVR, priorities.

But there are risks. Big ones. “Mr. Walker” may not be real. He (or she) may be testing you: memorizing names and faces, watching your espionage procedures, seeing how you and your team react to his showing up at your door. Therefore the SVR, like any competent intelligence service, first establishes the bona fides of this guy. You do name checks, you search the internet, you scour your own secret databases, and those of friendly services, to see if they’ve heard of this guy and the exact organization he claims to work for. Does the story he’s telling you seem plausible? Extensive background checks and maybe polygraphs (note plural) will be ordered. In short, you need to know: Does this guy check out?

What you really want to avoid is getting deceived and taking the bait on a guy who actually is working for the other side and playing you. Such a misstep can have grave consequences. That “Mr. Walker” is just an attention-seeking fantasist also has to ruled out, since that will be an embarrassing report back to Moscow too. As the team on the spot, you need to make sure that this scenario is what it seems to be, so you use a lot of precautions. You take your time so as not to get burned. Establishing that “Mr. Walker” is who he says he is, and not a dangle or a plant or a nutjob, can take weeks, if not months. And this is just to recruit him as an agent, a witting source of the SVR, to say nothing of his becoming a defector, which is a much bigger step. You always prefer an agent-in-place over a defector, since that gets public and messy, not to mention that the moment he reaches Russia, your defector’s information has ceased to be up-to-date. A potentially golden source has dried up once he defects.

Letting Edward Snowden move to Moscow was a major decision for the Kremlin, one with huge political ramifications. We can be certain that such a decision was not made by a mid-grade SVR officer in Hong Kong, neither was such a choice made quickly by the Russians, particularly under a president who understands counterintelligence very well. The reality is that Edward Snowden’s relationship with Russian intelligence, whatever it exactly is, predated his arrival in Moscow on June 23, 2013, probably by a considerable margin. It did not begin in Hong Kong, but before, possibly long before. It cannot be ruled out that the SVR (or possibly GRU, Russian military intelligence, which is a formidable espionage service its own) initially dealt with Ed in a false-flag operation, masking their true identity for a time, but experts who are acquainted with Russia’s “special services” understand that the Official Narrative, that Ed just up and moved to Moscow, cannot be true.

Getting to the bottom of this matter is critical to assessing the damage wrought by the Snowden Operation, which despite the claims of his lawyers, is vast and unprecedented. Although it will probably take years to unravel the full story of Ed’s relationship with Russian intelligence, this matter needs thorough investigation now. The U.S. Intelligence Community has senior people who, following in the long line of espionage bosses who really would rather not know the full story behind an epic traitor, seem to prefer to avert eyes from this issue, just as many journalists do. For them, as bad as the Snowden story is already, think how much worse it will look if Ed was really working for the Russians for years: that would be a truly epic counterintelligence fail, and careers and reputations will be ruined. But we need to know the full story here if we are to prevent future Snowdens, as we must.

*IC inside joke: People who show up at the door asking to work for you, unsolicited and unrecruited, are called “walk-ins” by U.S. intelligence (the Russians prefer the term “volunteer”), hence the unknown guy is referred to as “Mr. Walker” until his actual identity is established. Relevant analogies to the Snowden case in the annals of U.S. intelligence are Edward Lee Howard (a failed CIA case officer who defected to Moscow in 1985) and William Martin and Bernon Mitchell (NSA analysts who defected to Moscow in 1960): in all these cases the men had contact with the KGB that long predated their defections; all ended badly.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
@88m3

German Intelligence thinks Snowden is a Russian Agent :whoo:

@tmonster
@Brown_Pride @Deutsche Bank @cook @DEAD7 @H@LLOW @superunknown23 @Black Reign @FaTaL
@Domingo Halliburton @Ill @strapped @88m3 @hashmander @Skooby [USER=1507]@LeyeT @mbewane @Leasy @el_oh_el @Swavy Karl Marx @Darth Humanist @hayesc0 @tmonster @Ed MOTHERfukkING G @keepemup @Broletariat @mson @FAH1223 @ADevilYouKhow @Dominique Wilkins @Liu Kang @Futuristic Eskimo @Leasy @Type Username Here
@Tuling @Always-Right Liggins @Max B @Primordial @King Ming @franknitty711 @unit321 @Spidey Man @mbewane [/USER] @sicc2def @Nomadum @Skooby @choc_cardigan @Dirty_Jerz @killacal @midwesthiphop @smitty22 @The Fukin Prophecy @Reality @Atlrocafella @Joe Sixpack @PewPew @Orbital-Fetus @Misanthrope @KidStranglehold @CriticalThought @rapbeats @JahFocus CS @Din0can @Tunez @Tjbenz @Lucky Millionaire @The Taxman @NERO @Shogun @Abso831 @zerozero @BigJohnsons @Reggie Rhodes @KeysT @badhat @Joey Chizzle @Gravity

Edward Snowden is a Russian Agent

Edward Snowden is a Russian Agent
June 11, 2016
Three years after Edward Snowden, the American IT contractor turned global celebrity, made his media debut in Hong Kong, the truth of what really happened in this sensational affair remains elusive. The outline is clear. Snowden left his job in Hawaii with the National Security Agency in May 2013 and appeared at Hong Kong’s Mira Hotel on June 1, having made off with more than a million classified intelligence documents belonging to the American government. A few days later, Snowden appeared on camera to announce that he was lifting the top secret mask off NSA, America’s biggest and most secretive intelligence service.

Yet significant questions remain. Where was Snowden from 21 to 31 May 2013? His whereabouts in that period are unknown. Why did he choose to repeatedly visit the Russian consulate in Hong Kong, even celebrating his 30th birthday there? What did those visits have to do with his departure for Moscow on June 23rd? Last, why has Snowden never left Russia, three years after his arrival?

These issues have taken center stage in the German parliament’s special committee of inquiry into NSA activities. Is Snowden really the whistleblower he claims to be? It is odd that anyone who claims to support press freedom and personal liberty would take extended refuge in Vladimir Putin’s Russia, where the population is much more tightly watched by the intelligence services than in any Western country, and where journalists who oppose the regime are harassed and even murdered.

Hans-Georg Maassen, director of Germany’s domestic intelligence service (the mouthful Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution or BfV), has waded into this controversy by stating that Snowden is likely not who he pretends to be. “This would be an espionage operation joined with an operation for disinformation and influence,” he stated: “In order to drive a wedge between the USA and its closest allies, especially Germany.” That Snowden is in fact a Russian agent “has a high degree of plausibility,” Maassen added.

Predictably, Snowden’s defenders have pretended outrage at the BfV director’s statements, although he has made them before. Two months ago, in an interviewalongside Gerhard Schindler, director of Germany’s Foreign Intelligence Service or BND, Maassen explained that it was likely that the American “whistleblower” was in reality a Kremlin agent whose actual agenda was harming his own country’s worldwide security partnerships – including with Germany — for Putin’s benefit. That the Snowden Operation has been very effective as disinformation against Western democracies goes without saying.

Such statements, taken as heresy by Snowden’s ardent fans, are uncontroversial among anyone who understands the secret world of espionage. To anybody acquainted with how Russia’s powerful intelligence services actually operate, the idea that Snowden is their collaborator is no more controversial than stating that the sun rises in the east every morning.

The proper espionage term for Edward Snowden is defector, meaning an employee of an intelligence service who takes up residence in another country whose spies are not friends. Since 1917, every single Western intelligence defector to Moscow has cooperated with the Kremlin, on grounds of quid pro quo. There is no known case of a defector not collaborating with the KGB or its successors. If you want sanctuary, you will tell the Russians everything you know. That is how the spy game works.

Any Russian intelligence officer who wants sanctuary in the United States will be required to collaborate with American spy services, including extended debriefings by multiple intelligence agencies. Are we really supposed to believe that Vladimir Putin, former KGB colonel, is more charitable?

“Of course” Snowden is collaborating with Russian intelligence, explained Oleg Kalugin more than two years ago. A legend in global spy circles, Major General Kalugin is the former head of foreign counterintelligence for the KGB’s elite First Chief Directorate. In the Cold War, Kalugin recruited moles inside American intelligence just like Edward Snowden. He is an expert witness here. Kalugin made clear that Snowden’s new life revolves around the Federal Security Service, Putin’s powerful FSB. “The FSB are now his hosts, and they are taking care of him,” he explained: “Whatever he had access to in his former days at NSA, I believe he shared all of it with the Russians, and they are very grateful.”

To anybody familiar with how Russia works, there can be no doubt that Snowden has been an agent of the Kremlin at least beginning with his arrival in Moscow three years ago. Whether he was recruited by the Russian intelligence before that is likely – as I’ve explained before, it would be highly abnormal for the FSB to grant sanctuary to an American defector they have never met – yet it remains an open question, and a very important one. Whether Snowden has collaborated with the Kremlin since June 2013, however, is not an open question.

Since joining Twitter last year, Snowden has pontificated from Moscow on a wide range of issues. In rare form, he entered the debate regarding the NSA special committee, sending out this remarkable tweet yesterday. (It says: “Whether Maassen is an agent of the SVR or FSB” – that is, Russian intelligence – “cannot currently be verified.”) Challenging the BfV director head-on with a mocking tweet is a strange turn of events in the Snowden saga. Moreover, when did Snowden learn such good German? He’s never spoken it before, much less flawlessly.

All of this leads to obvious questions among anybody familiar with Putin’s Kremlin. Western security experts have suspected that Snowden’s tweets, at least on intelligence matters, are tightly vetted by the FSB. Which would be normal for any high-priority defector. Living under what Russians call a protective “roof” (krysha) provided by the FSB means a loss of personal freedom of the kind Snowden claims he cherishes above all else.

Either Edward Snowden suddenly learned excellent German or someone in Moscow is writing “his” tweets for him. Vladimir Putin himself speaks excellent German from his time with the KGB in Dresden in the 1980s and perhaps he does not wish to see the language mangled in public.

(This article appeared in the newspaper BILD in German, you can read that version here.)

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Question: Whats the easiest way to discredit someone who has massive, legitimate dirt on you?

Answer: Run a propaganda campaign that he's working with the commies :comeon: