RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@waltshaub
· 13m
Uh oh! In Barr’s Senate questionnaire, he writes: “In the event of a potential conflict of interest, I will consult with the appropriate Department of Justice ethics officials and act consistent with governing regulations.” What he does NOT say is “and follow their guidance.” /1

@waltshaub
We could be headed for a repeat of Whitaker ignoring the ethics officials. Why is ethics so hard for the Trump administration? Tone from the top, that’s why. /2
4:06 PM - Jan 10, 2019
@waltshaub
Lest you think I'm reading into this, here‘s what Jeff Sessions wrote: "I will seek and follow the advice of the Department of Justice's designated agency ethics official if confronted with a conflict of interest in the performance of my duties." And he got fired for doing that!

✔@waltshaub
In her questionnaire, Loretta Lynch wrote: “In the event of a potential conflict of interest, I will consult with ethics officials in the Department of Justice.” She did not include Barr’s caveat about what the regulations really mean.
4:18 PM - Jan 10, 2019