RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there's quite a bit of difference.
And, to your second point, sure you can point to history an find examples to support anything, but in the post-ww2 order there aren't many examples that I can think of where a sovereign nation invades another with the purpose of annexation.

My bad, I was talking about the hacking and influence campaign.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just want to point out how mad napoleon is right now because he hasn't been allowed to post 800 tweets and 900 reddit posts during these hearings.

i also want to point out how refreshing it is that he can't.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
My bad, I was talking about the hacking and influence campaign.
I agree there. Influencing other nations' elections has been America's bread and butter for a century....still, though, I dont think that makes us hypocrites for taking this Russia situation seriously.

As to Russia's aims, I think it doesn't go much further than supporting the election of leaders who are anti-NATO and anti-EU so they can achieve their foreign policy aims (Georgia, Ukraine, and the Baltic States, namely. Not quite sure where they land on Poland giving the confusing history of Russian control over Poland).