RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
full

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Giuliani got paid for advocacy in Romania - POLITICO Giuliani got paid for advocacy in Romania — POLITICO

Uh-oh!

Trump says White House Counsel Donald McGahn will leave his job in the fall - The Washington Post Trump says White House Counsel Donald McGahn will leave his job in the fall — The Washington Post

Uh-oh!

President non grata: Trump often unwelcome and unwilling to perform basic rituals of the office - The Washington Post President non grata: Trump often unwelcome and unwilling to perform basic rituals of the office — The Washington Post

Uh-oh!

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From the article:

Looking at Session's actions, he has lied under oath for the administration, he has enacted racist policies under the administration, he has been publicly berated, privately humiliated (see above) he has been painted as a scapegoat and he has meekly offered his resignation.

ONE time he releases a statement that his office won't be "improperly influenced" and all of a sudden he knows where all the bodies are buried and is about to bun down di system? Unless I am overlooking something (and please let me know if I am), there are no other instances of Sessions showing that he has a spine or that he is about the action.

His conservative views appear to be the driving force in his legacy, not his personal ego, so sullying his name is not going to cause him to lash out at the GOP or he would've done so ages ago when he became a public punching back.

I think you need to reel in your expectations in terms of the human range of emotion. Sessions isn't some seedy, 2nd rate Saul Goodman or some drunken energy adviser at a bar (George P.). The idea that everyone is looking to take down the administration in a vengeful response is naive and overly-optimistic. There are plenty of people who have been fired who have not chosen to take down the administration. The fact is, Sessions is uniquely tied into the investigation, so his firing has additional layers of meaning. This is why he is still on the admin

I personally have no expectations of Sessions. The man is abhorrent. But based on his statement, which is distinct from from his past behaviour and the fact Trump has been loathe to fire him, it can be surmised the fallout would be significant.

I would expect Mueller would have him as a witness the next day.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Remember... Russian oligarch OLEG DERIPASKA claimed to be able to help find FBI/CIA Agent BOB LEVINSON in Iran...
A Disappearing Spy, and a Scandal at the C.I.A.

His involvement also came with a price. The State Department had refused Mr. Deripaska a visa because of allegations linking him to organized crime — accusations he has denied. But Mr. Birshtein, the Toronto businessman, had approached the F.B.I. with a plan: He would persuade Mr. Deripaska to join the search and, if they succeeded, both would get their entry problems resolved.

Mr. Deripaska said he would put up millions to fund the venture, but he insisted that his role be kept secret. However, word that big money was in play made its way to Iran. Suddenly, a man with family connections to Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, insisted that he could engineer Mr. Levinson’s release for a hefty price. F.B.I. officials were so confident about the plan that they told Mrs. Levinson to stay by the phone for a call from her husband. It never came.

Mr. Deripaska, who was scheduled to meet in 2009 with bankers in the United States, wanted to collect on his end of the deal. The State Department, after two heated meetings with Justice Department officials, refused to issue him a visa, according to government officials. The F.B.I., hoping to keep him in the game, made an end-run around State Department officials and issued him a visa under a special program, allowing him to enter the country twice.

This is all connected to the Russian mafia, whom Levinson was investigating.