RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Sounds like a nightmare, Breh
It was sort of but moreso upon reflection, the dream wasn't sinister, his presence was childlike but entertaining but actually nice, like he was complimenting people he way he does himself... It was an interesting dream but I would prefer to not have Trump invading the one place i have away from him :laugh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Trump just jumped from his veterans affairs nominee:laff:

Trump suggests embattled nominee for VA post drop out because of ‘ugly’ process
By Seung Min Kim and John Wagner
White_House_Doctor_VA_53345.jpg-8418f-3938.jpg

President Trump said Tuesday that he is standing behind Ronny L. Jackson to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs but suggested the his embattled nominee should drop out because of what Trump characterized as “ugly allegations” that have surfaced.

“I don’t want to put a man through a process like this,” Trump said when asked about Jackson’s nomination during a joint news conference with French President Emmanuel Macron. “It’s too ugly, and it’s too disgusting.”

Trump said a decision about whether to proceed would be left to Jackson.

“I said to Dr. Jackson, what do you need it for?” Trump said.

[Senate to postpone confirmation hearing for Ronny L. Jackson to head Veterans Affairs, White House officials told]

Who is Ronny L. Jackson?

President Trump has nominated Navy Rear Adm. and White House physician Ronny L. Jackson to head the Department of Veterans Affairs. (Video: Jenny Starrs/Photo: Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)

Jackson, the White House physician and a former combat surgeon, was scheduled to testify before the Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs on Wednesday. But the hearing has been delayed because of concerns about his qualifications and oversight of the White House medical staff, as well as other allegations about Jackson’s conduct that have been shared with the committee.

“We’re gonna have a hearing at some time in the future, but not Wednesday,” said Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.), the chairman of the panel.

Jackson declined to comment on the accusations as he arrived on Capitol Hill for meetings with senators on Tuesday.

“No, I’m looking forward to the hearing,” he said. “I was looking forward to doing it tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to getting it rescheduled and answering all the questions.”

In a statement earlier Tuesday, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said the White House continues to support Jackson.

“Admiral Jackson’s record of strong, decisive leadership is exactly what’s needed at VA to ensure our veterans receive the benefits they deserve,” Gidley said.

Isakson and Sen. Jon Tester (Mont.), the ranking Democrat on the committee, said in a joint statement the hearing was being postponed “in light of new information presented to the committee.”

“We take very seriously our constitutional duty to thoroughly and carefully vet each nominee sent to the Senate for confirmation,” the statement said.

Isakson and Tester also wrote to President Trump Tuesday morning, asking the White House to provide all documents related to Jackson’s service in the White House medical unit, as well as all communications between the Pentagon and the White House military office since 2006 that involve allegations or incidents connected to the physician. The senators also requested information the White House has about any allegations involving Jackson that was never relayed to the Pentagon.

The committee began investigating the allegations raised against Jackson late last week, said Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), a member of the panel.

“I think the White House has to give us full, and accurate, factual responses completely addressing these questions, today. I mean, right away,” said Blumenthal, who also stressed that the allegations were unsubstantiated. “Allowing these questions to fester are a disservice to the VA and to Admiral Jackson.”

Speaking with reporters, neither Isakson nor Tester said Jackson’s nomination should be withdrawn.

Tester said “if the [allegations] turn out to be true,” he would be concerned, but added: “But I don’t know that it is true at this moment in time.”

[‘He knows how to read a room really, really well’: How White House physician Ronny L. Jackson became Trump’s nominee to lead VA]

Both Isakson and Tester declined to comment on the specifics of the allegations surrounding Jackson, including whether the accusations are detailed in documents or through word-of-mouth interviews, and when they specifically began the investigation.

Isakson said the confirmation hearing is being delayed because the committee needs “some time to get more information.”

“I’m concerned that the press is making up far too many stories that aren’t true before we even get a chance to have a meeting,” Isakson said after meeting privately with Tester on Tuesday morning. “So I think Mr. Jackson and myself and Senator Tester and everybody in Congress need to take a deep breath. Let’s give the man a chance to be heard, let’s give us a chance to ask the questions that need to be [asked].”

In addition to Jackson’s lack of management experience at a large organization, the physician had come under fire for his glowing appraisal of Trump’s health after the president had his annual physical in January. Jackson said then that the president might live to the age of 200 with a healthier diet. In recent days, fresh concerns arose about Jackson’s management of the White House medical office, said the officials, who declined to provide details.

“Admiral Jackson has been on the front lines of deadly combat and saved the lives of many others in service to this country. He’s served as the physician to three Presidents — Republican and Democrat — and been praised by them all,” Gidley said in his statement.

Jackson was a surprise nominee to succeed David Shulkin, an Obama-era holdover and once a favorite of Trump’s who was fired by the president on March 28. While Shulkin was an experienced hospital executive and had previously served as undersecretary of the department, his support from the White House waned following an internal investigation into his business travel and clashes over his commitment to outsourcing veterans’ health care, which is among the administration’s priorities.

In remarks on the floor Tuesday, Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said problems with Jackson’s nomination reflected a broader issue with the Trump White House.

“This Trump administration has done the worst job of vetting their nominees of any administration I can remember,” Schumer said. “It seems a slapdash process.”

A leading veterans group said Tuesday that it was important for the Senate to fully vet a nominee to lead the department, which has had seven secretaries since the start of the war in Afghanistan.

“On this critical leadership position at this turbulent time, [America] can not afford a misfire by the White House,” said Paul Rieckhoff, founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America. “IAVA members nationwide are calling on the Senate to do its job at this defining time and ensure that any nominee for VA Secretary will live up to this awesome responsibility.”

Emily Wax-Thibodeaux and Lisa Rein contributed to this report.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Leverage to what? Not firing Rosenstein and protecting Mueller while preserving his self preservation from lying under oath to the senate judiciary committee? :troll:
He'll be directly involved in a case Trump considers personal. I doubt he'll obstruct the investigation, but if Trump continues to talk reckless or threaten him he can:

A.) reject any deals justice might be offering Cohen for cooperation
B.) has a direct line of attack on Trump because we all know Trump has done illegal shyt
C.) Gives him leverage against being fired because it would show a continued pattern by Trump for firing people investigating him and his orbit
D.) Trump's deep state narrative dies when his own appointee is involved in the case
E.) A subtle reminder that Sessions will do as he sees fit and still wields a substantial amount of power
F.)he has the opportunity to shield Trump if he chooses