RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston

In Gregg v. Georgia (1976) and it’s four companion cases the Supreme Court brought back capital punishment on the basis that it was reserved for murder committed in conjunction with other heinous crimes.

“That the murder was committed while the offender was engaged in the commission of other capital felonies“

There also has to be a two part (separate) trial and sentencing process where “aggravating and mitigating circumstances” are considered, and a state Supreme Court reviews all impositions of death sentences.

Gregg v. Georgia

This plus Kennedy v. Louisiana (2008) have signaled that capital punishment is reserved for cases that involve aggravated loss of life + another felony.

So despite this memo, there are fairly rigid standards for the imposition of capital punishment.
He's referencing a law here that was enacted prior to the Gregg cases (1959) so however they implement it must align with the holdings in Gregg.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What's the bigger story? Trump congratulating Putin or Trump ignoring his advisors that told him not to do it.
Again, this is on par with the leak about him inviting the Russian ambassador into the Oval Office.

Its THAT serious of a leak.

Its top, of the TOP secret.

You might as well tweet the Nuclear Codes

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wtf? You think because you say you're not derailing a thread that it counts for something? Apples and oranges. When Obama congratulated Putin it was not under the same conditions dumbass.

capp34

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
this is for you, and any clowns that negged me

FACT CHECK: Did President Barack Obama Congratulate Putin on His 2012 Win?

:mjlol:

disclaimer: no mods, i am not derailing the thread and wont be addressing this any further, just proving myself right

Oh you saying the circumstances are similiar? Obama contragulated a guy that hacked the election to help him win then poisoned someone on an allies turf a month before the call. It's the optics of the situation. I dont even know why I am responding because you know this and you just want to troll and derail.