RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

On Saturday Ivo Daalder, who was permanent representative to Nato from 2009 to 2013, respond to Trump in a series of Tweets.

“Sorry, Mr President, that’s not how Nato works,” he wrote. “The US decides for itself how much it contributes to defending Nato. This is not a financial transaction, where Nato countries pay the US to defend them. It is part of our treaty commitment.

“But no funds will be paid to the US. They are meant to increase Nato’s overall defense capabilities, given the growing Russian threat. Europe must spend more on defense, but not as favor (or payment) to the US. But because their security requires it.”

This is one issue that Trump actually has some sense on though. I wish I can remember where I heard it or where I read it, but they were discussing how countries like Germany wouldn't hurt too much to up their financial commitment to NATO by 2%-4% more than currently. Thus covering for decrease cost paid by the US.

The problem is, Trump has no diplomatic chops and even if he gets other countries to "pony up more funds", he will do it in such a way that it will sow a lot of discontent with the United States in the process. He does it so antagonistically that he partially burns bridges in the process.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
This is one issue that Trump actually has some sense on though. I wish I can remember where I heard it or where I read it, but they were discussing how countries like Germany wouldn't hurt too much to up their financial commitment to NATO by 2%-4% more than currently. Thus covering for decrease cost paid by the US.

The problem is, Trump has no diplomatic chops and even if he gets other countries to "pony up more funds", he will do it in such a way that it will sow a lot of discontent with the United States in the process. He does it so antagonistically that he partially burns bridges in the process.

According to Nato’s official guidelines, member nations are expected to spend at least 2% of their country’s gross domestic product (GDP) on defense. However, only a handful of the 28 members actually meet that target.

At a 2014 summit in Wales, members pledged to increase their military spending to 2% of GDP by 2024, a goal some have said is unachievable and unrealistic for several member states.

Ultimately, members’ contributions are based on each nation’s capability. Therefore, Nato member nations do not “owe” or have to compensate any other country.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Trump voter who uses Meals on Wheels surprised by proposed cuts

millerfour.jpg

It works for 56-year-old Linda Preast, who signed up for the program two years ago after a stroke left her in a wheelchair. Meals on Wheels delivers to her every weekday. Like most residents in Jones County, she voted for Donald Trump.

“Are you surprised?” Miller asked.

“Yeah,” Preast said. “Because he was told- I was under the influence that he was going to help us.”

:lolbron:
Hire a wolf to protect the hen house brehs:picard:................:mjlol:.................................:mjcry:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

:heh:

:laff:

Mike Flynn Didn’t Report 2014 Interaction With Russian-British National
Meeting at a U.K. dinner occurred when he was head of the Defense Intelligence Agency
By
Carol E. Lee,
Rob Barry,
Shane Harris and
Christopher S. Stewart
March 18, 2017 12:04 a.m. ET
BN-SN561_2XfeB_OR_20170317171223.jpg

Mike Flynn at a White House joint news conference in February, when he was national security adviser. Photo: carlos barria/Reuters

WASHINGTON-—Former national security adviser Mike Flynn interacted with a graduate student with dual Russian and British nationalities at a 2014 U.K. security conference, a contact that came to the notice of U.S. intelligence but that Mr. Flynn, then the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, didn’t disclose, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mr. Flynn met Svetlana Lokhova at the Cambridge Intelligence Seminar, a gathering of former intelligence officials hosted at Cambridge University, in February 2014. Ms. Lokhova at the time was a graduate student studying the history of Russian intelligence, according to two people who attended the event.

There is no record showing that Mr. Flynn reported his interaction with Ms. Lokhova to security officials in the Defense Department, said a former senior U.S. official with knowledge of the matter. As the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, which is part of the Pentagon and the military’s largest intelligence organization, Mr. Flynn was expected to notify officials about any contacts with foreigners he didn’t know, particularly from an adversary nation such as Russia, the former official said.

The rules on “self-reporting” of such contacts aren’t iron-clad, but officials at Mr. Flynn’s level of security clearance are generally instructed to view approaches by foreign strangers as a possible attempt to gain sensitive information or even recruit a senior official on behalf of a foreign government.

“A senior official like him definitely ought to be expected to detect that and report it,” the former official said, adding that people who have worked in intelligence as long as Mr. Flynn are “indoctrinated to report any anomalous behavior that you detect.”

Dan O’Brien, who at the time was the chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency’s liaison office in London and also attended the event, said there were about 20 graduate students there, including Ms. Lokhova.

Mr. O’Brien said there was nothing that struck him as improper or that would have prompted him to discuss the interaction with other DIA officials. “Nothing rose to the level,” he said. Mr. O’Brien said he wasn’t aware of any other interactions between the two.

“This is a false story,” said Price Floyd, a spokesman for Mr. Flynn, in response to questions about the interactions between Mr. Flynn and Ms. Lokhova and why Mr. Flynn didn’t report those interactions to DIA officials.

“The inference that the contact between Gen. Flynn and a Russian national described in this story should be seen in any light other than incidental contact is simply untrue,” he said.

Ms. Lokhova declined to comment. Her partner, David North, confirmed Ms. Lokhova met Mr. Flynn at the event at which they “had a 20-minute public conversation,” but said the two “have not met or spoke since.”

Previously, Ms. Lokhova worked for the London branch of Russia’s state-controlled Sberbank. A bookseller website for the 2016 Frankfurt Book Fair listing proposed books shows one by a Svetlana Lokhova called “The Americans.” The pitch: “A Cambridge-based Russian intelligence expert uses archive material to unearth details of Stalin’s programme of sending deep cover spies into the U.S.”

Then-President Barack Obama appointed Mr. Flynn as head of the DIA. Mr. Flynn then became a key campaign adviser to Donald Trump and became the president’s national-security adviser in January. He was forced to resign last month over revelations that he hadn’t been truthful to Vice President Mike Pence and other administration officials in describing the nature of conversations Mr. Flynn had with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. last December.

Several U.S. intelligence agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, are conducting a wide-ranging counterintelligence probe into any contacts that Trump campaign personnel may have had with Russian officials, in the wake of intelligence agencies’ findings that the Russian government directed hackers who interfered in last year’s election by stealing emails, including from the Democratic National Committee. Russia has denied any interference in the election.

It isn’t known when Mr. Flynn’s contact with Ms. Lokhova at the 2014 meeting came to the attention of U.S. intelligence or whether it is part of the current investigation.

Two people who attended the Cambridge dinner and are associated with the event said that Ms. Lokhova approached Mr. Flynn at the start and that the two sat next to each other.

Without mentioning Ms. Lokhova by name, one of the organizers of the event wrote about the evening in the Times of London last month. Christopher Andrew, who wrote the authorized history of MI-5, Britain’s domestic security service, described a woman of dual British-Russian citizenship who showed Mr. Flynn a number of historic Russian documents, including an “erotic postcard” that Joseph Stalin sent to a young woman in 1912.

At the end of the evening, Mr. Andrew wrote that Mr. Flynn asked the woman to travel with him as a translator to Moscow on his next official visit but that the trip never materialized. He said the two continued an email exchange on Russian history after the meeting.

Mr. O’Brien, the former DIA official, said he had no knowledge of any emails between Mr. Flynn and Ms. Lokhova.

Mr. Andrew declined to say whether he was referring to Ms. Lokhova in his article, though Neil Kent, a Cambridge scholar who also attended, said it was clearly her. “She was the only Russian at the dinner,” Mr. Kent said.

An expert on security rules who advises government clients agreed that Mr. Flynn should have at least erred on the side of caution and informed the Defense Department about his contact with Ms. Lokhova.

“He certainly knows better,” this person said. “The problem is someone in that position,” meaning head of an intelligence agency, “could easily make the case that it’s impossible for me to report every single contact I have.”

Before becoming a formal adviser to Mr. Trump on the campaign, Mr. Flynn was paid tens of thousands of dollars by Russian companies, according to documents obtained by a congressional oversight committee that were released this past week.

Mr. Flynn also recently disclosed that his firm was paid $530,000 to work in the U.S. on behalf of the interests of the Turkish government. Mr. Flynn had performed those services while he was advising Mr. Trump, then a presidential candidate.

Mr. Flynn was paid $11,250 each by a Russian air cargo company that had been suspended as a vendor to the United Nations following a corruption scandal, and by a Russian cybersecurity company that was then trying to expand its business with the U.S. government, according to the documents, which were reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Mr. Floyd, the Flynn spokesman, said he reported one of his appearances at a Russian event to the DIA, as required. Mr. Floyd said Mr. Flynn gave the other speeches in Washington.

—Gordon Lubold and Michael Rothfeld contributed to this article.

Write to Carol E. Lee at carol.lee@wsj.com, Rob Barry at rob.barry@wsj.com, Shane Harris at shane.harris@wsj.com and Christopher S. Stewart at christopher.stewart@wsj.com

Last edited:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Can they get any of these dudes to flip on Drumpf though? One by one they are being exposed but it's like he has a force field around him. Maybe we get more Monday during the presser.

Oh by the way....pretty funny account

Mar 15Donald J. Drumpf‏ @RealDonalDrumpf
LOOK AT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE LEAVE OBAMACARE IN PLACE! IT'S A NIGHTMARE! POORS SEEING DOCTORS EVERYWHERE!

I DON'T NEED EVIDENCE! I CAN ACCUSE OBAMA OF A WIRE TAPP! I CAN BAN A RELIGION BASED ON FEELINGS!

FOX NEWS IS FAKE NEWS! #TrumpCare

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealDonalDrumpf

WHY DOES NOBODY BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY MY NEW #MUSLIMBAN IS NOT A MUSLIM BAN?