RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

str8cashhomie87

All Star
Daps
Trump attorney: We’ll challenge Mueller if he investigates old real estate deals
BY JOHN BOWDEN - 11/04/17 12:01 PM EDT 364

muellerrobert_062117getty_lead.jpg

© Getty Images
An attorney representing President Trump in the ongoing special counsel investigation into whether his campaign colluded with Russia said in an interview published Saturday that his team would challenge Robert Mueller if the probe began looking at Trump's former business deals.

Politico reported Saturday that Jay Sekulow, a conservative attorney who joined Trump's team in June, said that Trump's attorneys are ready to challenge the legality of Mueller's actions if he detours into anything they consider "outside the scope" of the inquiry, such as looking at old real estate deals the president might have been involved in through his Trump Organization.

“We’d view that as outside the scope of legitimate inquiry,” Sekulow said. “We’d raise it.”

Trump himself has said that any investigation of his personal finances by Mueller would be out-of-bounds.

In July, Trump told The New York Times that Mueller would be in "violation" of his special counsel mandate to shift his probe's focus from Russia.

"No, I think that’s a violation. Look, this is about Russia. So I think if he wants to go, my finances are extremely good, my company is an unbelievably successful company," Trump said.

Mueller's investigation entered a new stage this week with the handing down of indictments against former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort and his business associate Robert Gates. Manafort is charged with money laundering and tax fraud.

Prosecutors accused Manafort in court documents filed Monday of “together with others, knowingly and intentionally conspir[ing] to defraud the United States by impeding, impairing, obstructing and defeating the lawful governmental functions of a government agency, namely the Department of Justice and the Department of the Treasury.”

The special counsel probe has the authority to investigate any potential collusion between Trump’s campaign and Moscow, as well as any auxiliary matters arising from the Russia probe.

fukking moron. How is this not telling Mueller: Look at my real estate deals

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He will be. No one is interested in their brand of conservativism anymore.

It’s done and he helped kill it with endless war making and ramping up world policing. Even conservatives these days have a sizeable portion of people who don’t desire this anymore.

Yea. People who think we're going back to the days of Romney type nominees in 2020/2024 are delusional. I can't help but laugh at Kasich, Sasse and others who refuse to see the writing on the wall.

Look at the Virginia governor race. That type of winking to nationalists/racists will continue. And if we're gonna be really honest let's not forget Nixon and Reagan did this too, just a bit more subtle.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Yea. People who think we're going back to the days of Romney type nominees in 2020/2024 are delusional. I can't help but laugh at Kasich, Sasse and others who refuse to see the writing on the wall.

Look at the Virginia governor race. That type of winking to nationalists/racists will continue. And if we're gonna be really honest let's not forget Nixon and Reagan did this too, just a bit more subtle.
I’m not up to speed on virgina. What’s poppin down there in the race.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I just don't know how they expect people to watch all those clips that are 50+ minutes :damn:
I saw a couple of them, and they really give you a sense of Putin's mindstate and how he views trump....
Even Putin cant control trump the way he wants to :dwillhuh:

I really hope PBS / NPR doesnt lose its funding after this administration. :snoop:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’m not up to speed on virgina. What’s poppin down there in the race.

The dem is leading but it's close-ish. Typically Virginia state races seem more favorable for republicans until election day, where the higher population urban/city/democrat areas over power the whiter/conservative areas...but still it's a close race and people are worried. The republican candidate hasn't run a Trump campaign, but he hasn't shied away from outright winking at white nationalists.

Latino groups responded with this ad, and all hell broke loose lol

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The dem is leading but it's close-ish. Typically Virginia state races seem more favorable for republicans until election day, where the higher population urban/city/democrat areas over power the whiter/conservative areas...but still it's a close race and people are worried. The republican candidate hasn't run a Trump campaign, but he hasn't shied away from outright winking at white nationalists.

Latino groups responded with this ad, and all hell broke loose lol

:gladbron: that imagery