RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Wall Street is celebrating today :francis:

Also, stay focused on Russia/Flynn/Sessions. Trump Admin pulling tricks out of the hat to distract us. They knew firing Preet would distract us because it goes against what Trump promised him in November. Sessions is cozying into his job.
Preet may have been investigating Trump/Flynn...firing him abruptly would delay this alleged investigation :mjcry:
but Preet is no rookie, if the above is true, he's not done:ufdup:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What's cowardly about that?

“I’m not going to be part of a dog-and-pony show that is not a serious effort to do an investigation because this is really serious,” said Representative Jackie Speier, Democrat of California. “If it’s not a legitimate and comprehensive and in-depth investigation, why would we be party to it?”

That's perfectly reasonable.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Their saying if its a half assed investigation and not a serious one they not going be apart of it. What's wrong with that?:dwillhuh:
The problem is, as elected officials, they need to stay involved. They can't just :hubie:at the first sign things aren't going exactly as they want. They need to be on the case until it's finished. And by finished, I mean either impeachment or the complete destruction of republican leadership.

scarhead

All Star
Daps
What's cowardly about that?

“I’m not going to be part of a dog-and-pony show that is not a serious effort to do an investigation because this is really serious,” said Representative Jackie Speier, Democrat of California. “If it’s not a legitimate and comprehensive and in-depth investigation, why would we be party to it?”

That's perfectly reasonable.

Feels like a pre-emptive cop out to me. Focus on not making it a dog-and-pony show and make it work. If it is indeed serious, then make it work, whatever it takes. Not the time to think of exit strategies.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Feels like a pre-emptive cop out to me. Focus on not making it a dog-and-pony show and make it work. If it is indeed serious, then make it work, whatever it takes. Not the time to think of exit strategies.

wrong. It's a message to the public to say if we in it, that means it's legit

scarhead

All Star
Daps
wrong. It's a message to the public to say if we in it, that means it's legit

Yeah I get it and how with Nunes it might just actually be a dog and pony show - but what are the alternatives? Do Dems have power to make independent investigation happen? Not trying to argue here - educate me the possible scenarios if you could.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Yeah I get it and how with Nunes it might just actually be a dog and pony show - but what are the alternatives? Do Dems have power to make independent investigation happen? Not trying to argue here - educate me the possible scenarios if you could.

Devin Nunes is the chair of the House Intelligence Committee, and it is Republican-led. They're going to steer any investigation to a favorable outcome for Trump.

Here's his comments before any investigation got off the ground:

The Republican committee chairman, Rep. Devin Nunes of California, said he has heard no evidence so far that anyone in Trump's orbit was in contact with Russians during the presidential campaign.

We already know this to be false.

He's also too close to Trump to be trusted:

The House and Senate intelligence committees are conducting separate investigations. But revelations last week that the White House enlisted the Republican chairmen of those committees to push back against news reports have intensified concerns over whether the congressional investigations will be tainted by political influence.

We can highlight the point above to further the push for an independent investigation, however:

"They can say whatever they want, but at the end of the day, I hold the gavel, they're in the minority and we're going to do what we want to do. We have the votes and we've been elected to do that.