RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Trump has THREE FBI investigations running :mindblown: :damn:

U.S. inquiries into Russian election hacking include three FBI probes
r

By Joseph Menn | SAN FRANCISCO

The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation is pursuing at least three separate probes relating to alleged Russian hacking of the U.S. presidential elections, according to five current and former government officials with direct knowledge of the situation.

While the fact that the FBI is investigating had been reported previously by the New York Times and other media, these officials shed new light on both the precise number of inquires and their focus.

The FBI's Pittsburgh field office, which runs many cyber security investigations, is trying to identify the people behind breaches of the Democratic National Committee's computer systems, the officials said. Those breaches, in 2015 and the first half of 2016, exposed the internal communications of party officials as the Democratic nominating convention got underway and helped undermine support for Hillary Clinton.

The Pittsburgh case has progressed furthest, but Justice Department officials in Washington believe there is not enough clear evidence yet for an indictment, two of the sources said.

Meanwhile the bureau’s San Francisco office is trying to identify the people who called themselves “Guccifer 2” and posted emails stolen from Clinton campaign manager John Podesta’s account, the sources said. Those emails contained details about fundraising by the Clinton Foundation and other topics.

Beyond the two FBI field offices, FBI counterintelligence agents based in Washington are pursuing leads from informants and foreign communications intercepts, two of the people said.

This counterintelligence inquiry includes but is not limited to examination of financial transactions by Russian individuals and companies who are believed to have links to Trump associates. The transactions under scrutiny involve investments by Russians in overseas entities that appear to have been undertaken through middlemen and front companies, two people briefed on the probe said.

Reuters could not confirm which entities and individuals were under scrutiny.

Scott Smith, the FBI's new assistant director for cyber crime, declined to comment this week on which FBI offices were doing what or how far they had progressed.

The White House had no comment on Friday on the Russian hacking investigations. A spokesman pointed to a comment Trump made during the campaign, in which he said: "As far as hacking, I think it was Russia, but I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people."

During a news conference Thursday, President Donald Trump said he had no business connections to Russia.

The people who spoke to Reuters also corroborated a Tuesday New York Times report that Americans with ties to Trump or his campaign had repeated contacts with current and former Russian intelligence officers before the November election. Those alleged contacts are among the topics of the FBI counterintelligence investigation.

(Reporting by Joseph Menn in San Francisco. Additional reporting by Dustin Volz in San Francisco and Mark Hosenball, John Walcott and Steve Holland in Washington; Editing by Jonathan Weber and Tomasz Janowski)

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
His base LOVES this.

Prepare to see "at least he cares about the people instead of staying in Washington like those elitist corrupt politicians. ".

Plus you combine this with the current campaign against the media, he can also play to the delegitimization of the press some more by talking directly "to the people" instead of through the press.

Its really unusual but I can definitely see his motivation for doing this.

I remember in 2009-2010 when Obama would hit the trail and have huge rallies about healthcare reform... I went to one at University of Maryland.

But that was for a specific policy goal...

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

I remember in 2009-2010 when Obama would hit the trail and have huge rallies about healthcare reform... I went to one at University of Maryland.

Well it's the same thing and we know trumps appeal outside of maybe job creation is stupid cultural wars that will not make these peoples live better but appeals to their prejudices.

So instead of policy like obama, he just needs to throw out chunks of red meat that reflects what "real Americans" think. He will continue to do this until reelection.

The only upside is that it pisses off liberals which will perhaps lead to more political engagement in 2018 and 2020.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Yep

Dude opened the damn box...
My fear is that this is moving the line here.

People automatically think non-status quo is always a positive and change good or bad is always good. It's not very logical and I think Michael Moore captured the emotion behind it perfectly as being a firebomb. No thought of the long term consequences and it's a way to vent. Not that the motivation and original grievance isn't legitimate. However not having foresight is the problem.

We have a situation now where a new status quo has been set. Trump style popularism which circumvents ideas of a constitutional republic by delegitimization of other institutions in order to prop up the executive will start to be more commmon. Unless there is a stunning rebuke of this in the coming elections, this is a bad road we've started down.

While I want to see Trump taking the perp walk out of office, this atmosphere will remain. The only way to kill it is to defeat it in a democratic vote and thereby making said group feel marginalized

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
Well it's the same thing and we know trumps appeal outside of maybe job creation is stupid cultural wars that will not make these peoples live better but appeals to their prejudices.

So instead of policy like obama, he just needs to throw out chunks of red meat that reflects what "real Americans" think. He will continue to do this until reelection.

The only upside is that it pisses off liberals which will perhaps lead to more political engagement in 2018 and 2020.
they're gonna need a face for that movement and it aint Ellison or Perez neither, plus Obama's put himself out to pasture :huhldup:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
My fear is that this is moving the line here.

People automatically think non-status quo is always a positive and change good or bad is always good. It's not very logical and I think Michael Moore captured the emotion behind it perfectly as being a firebomb. No thought of the long term consequences and it's a way to vent. Not that the motivation and original grievance isn't legitimate. However not having foresight is the problem.

We have a situation now where a new status quo has been set. Trump style popularism which circumvents ideas of a constitutional republic by delegitimization of other institutions in order to prop up the executive will start to be more commmon. Unless there is a stunning rebuke of this in the coming elections, this is a bad road we've started down.

While I want to see Trump taking the perp walk out of office, this atmosphere will remain. The only way to kill it is to defeat it in a democratic vote and thereby making said group feel marginalized
Chill out. He only got 44% of the vote.

This isn't a revolution. These are the same people who voted in 08 and 12.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

All Presidents usually go out and push a specific agenda item during the course of their Presidency that Congress may have been stalling on or fighting against. Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama all did that; so that is not unusual.

What is unusual is for a President to just be out there free balling without pushing any specific agenda in an off year for elections. The man is literally running in an imaginary campaign. The man has mental issues.