RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My fear is that this is moving the line here.

People automatically think non-status quo is always a positive and change good or bad is always good. It's not very logical and I think Michael Moore captured the emotion behind it perfectly as being a firebomb. No thought of the long term consequences and it's a way to vent. Not that the motivation and original grievance isn't legitimate. However not having foresight is the problem.

We have a situation now where a new status quo has been set. Trump style popularism which circumvents ideas of a constitutional republic by delegitimization of other institutions in order to prop up the executive will start to be more commmon. Unless there is a stunning rebuke of this in the coming elections, this is a bad road we've started down.

While I want to see Trump taking the perp walk out of office, this atmosphere will remain. The only way to kill it is to defeat it in a democratic vote and thereby making said group feel marginalized

Trump lost the popular vote to Clinton by about 3 million people. When you look back on it the election was really more about how unpopular that Clinton was then how unpopular Trump was. As unpopular as Clinton was; she still won the overall popular vote.

The problem for the Democrats was Clinton. That was it.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Chill out. He only got 44% of the vote.

This isn't a revolution. These are the same people who voted in 08 and 12.
Yeah but the atmosphere and people have changed. I was really woken up recently to how entrenched these people are compared 2008.

Breitbart and literal fake news like rightwingfreedomusa.info websites weren't as prominent. I just had a debate with a trump support on my Facebook and it's literally like talking to a wall. When I posted well researched links and information he comes back with shyt like eheadlines.com, literal fake news site, and whataboutisms out the ying yang. It's like talking to fukking pod people. This shyt really woke me up.

The fragmentation has definitely increased since 2008 and 2012. The problem is that trump and Steve bannon types play on that and legitimize it.

This was a black dude I was talking to btw and it's like he was sucked into this vortex along with these alt right cacs and they all sound the same.

I don't remember this in 2008.

We'll see how things progress but I was seriously alarmed how dense this guy was like :gucci:

I feel like there are two different realities people live in now. It's crazy.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Yeah but the atmosphere and people have changed. I was really woken up recently to how entrenched these people are compared 2008.

Breitbart and literal fake news like rightwingfreedomusa.info websites weren't as prominent. I just had a debate with a trump support on my Facebook and it's literally like talking to a wall. When I posted well researched links and information he comes back with shyt like eheadlines.com, literal fake news site, and whataboutisms out the ying yang. It's like talking to fukking pod people. This shyt really woke me up.

The fragmentation has definitely increased since 2008 and 2012. The problem is that trump and Steve bannon types play on that and legitimize it.

This was a black dude I was talking to btw and it's like he was sucked into this vortex along with these alt right cacs and they all sound the same. You're only debating "surface arguments", arguments that they don't actually give a shyt about.

We'll see how things progress but I was seriously alarmed how dense this guy was like :gucci:

You don't remember the tea party movement. :what:

None of this new. If Hillary wasn't such an uninspired candidate with high unfavorables, we wouldn't even be here.

Trump did what he had to do to energize his base but he isn't completely responsible for his victory.

And no offense but you sound incredibly young/naive. Still thinking arguing/debating with cacs gets you anywhere. You're debating "surface arguments", arguments that they (in reality) they don't actually give a shyt about.

They don't care about the economy. They don't care about the national debt. They don't care about wars and they don't care about healthcare.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This was a black dude I was talking to btw and it's like he was sucked into this vortex along with these alt right cacs and they all sound the same.

:what:

Dude the Republicans impeached Bill Clinton back in the 1990's for getting a blow job. Ignorant ass Republicans aligned with Newt Gingrich shut down the federal government: TWICE.
United States federal government shutdowns of 1995–1996 - Wikipedia

These same ignorant people are the ones that are mainly descended from the Southern clowns that tried to secede from the Union and that fought against every single piece of Civil Right legislation ever proposed.

Senators Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd and many of those other racists in the Congress would have ran circles around that fool Bannon. The USA have had lots of Congress people and Presidents that were Klan members and slave owners; so shyt ain't changed. Actually Trump and Bannon are showing how ignorant and incompetent the right wingers really are. Instead of slick talking competent racists conservative Republicans like Nixon, Reagan, Pat Buchannon and Newt Gingerich; these new right wingers are just plain ole ignorant incompetent nut jobs.

Ku Klux Klan members in United States politics - Wikipedia

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The new Republican party validates people's stupidity, and ignorance, which is scary, because that is incredibly contagious. What I can hope for is that the number of outraged, angered, impacted people, against the new admin outweighs those infected new voters....