Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I dont trust anything out of cohns mouth unless its film analysis (surprisingly solid, otherwise I cant stand his ass)

I hear we want to sign tavon austin :why: MAGA Lynch been watching the film of 2013 draft too much lately ?

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This feels like bait :lolbron:
Nah I didn’t see a thread on his deal so I figured it’d be here. This prob my first time even in this thread

A lot of the Jamal Adams trade prob came from Seattle figuring that they were gonna have to deal with this dude for the next 4-5 years

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

At the very least, it seems like there’s been steady progress

The semi-deadline to get a deal done was always gonna be the first day of padded practice, which is this Monday. I’d expect an announcement on Kittle’s extension before then

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Elite TEs are worth more than elite WRs imo. Good deal for SF
You definitely don't know football. WR is way more important.

The only reason why Kittle shined so hard is because the Niners receivers were ass on rye bread:gucci:

So now say good bye to Warner and Trent. Two more positions WAY MORE IMPORTANT then TE.

Signing Kittle:unimpressed:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's take a look at our LBs from on the team.

Linebackers

Fred Warner

Fred Warner is arguably one of the more underrated players in the NFL (maybe not so much by his peers as he was considered the 57th best player in the NFL in 2020) Fred Warner is a lot like Navorro Bowman in the sense that as long as he is healthy he is one of the most well balance linebackers in the NFL. He moves all over the field and with combination of finesse and ferocity. He tends to take excellent angles when tackling and seems to be one of those people who is at the right place at the right time. He also has improved his coverage game since being drafted as he has batted down his fair share of balls as well. One thing he may want to do maybe add a few extra pounds of thickness to his frame, as he can be overwhelmed by larger players at times, but consider this a nitpick, he's been put on notice as one of the NFLs better young defensive players.

Skills: B+
Performance: A-
Potential: A-

Overall: A-

Kwon Alexander

A pick up from Tampa Bay, who while talented wasn't a fit in Tampa Bays 3-4 defense. Kwon has been a perfect puzzle piece at outside linebacker for the 49ers. A solid tackler, the 2 things that stand out are his incredible speed and athleticism and his ability to play in coverage. When on the field he essentially is fast enough to cancel out the opposing teams tight ends and really make passes to the middle of the field a risky proposition. Unfortunately, he missed half of the season with a torn pectoral muscle but came back to the playoffs as a solid contributor. Kwon would be considered an elite player IF he could stay healthy and this has been an issue his entire career. With that said winning makes keeping players easier and he took a pretty substantial paycut to stay on the roster. Let's hope he stays out of the training room

Skills: B+
Performance: B-
Potential: B

Overall: B

Dre Greenlaw - 2019 5th Round Pick. Dre Greenlaw was arguably the breakout defensive player of the season. While teams passed on him due to his somewhat squat stature, that didn't matter much as he became an immediate standout on special teams and when asked to sub in for the injured Kwon Alexander. Dre was always a hard hitter but his instincts got better with experience. He will always stand out for making the game saving tackle in the 2nd Seattle game. This was a diamond in the rough pick but he should be a staple in the defense for the next decade, maybe even a star.

Skills: B
Performance: B
Potential: A-

Overall B+

Mark Nzeocha - A pick up from the Cowboys practice squad. Mark has become a very solid special teams player and fill in linebacker. These are the unsung heroes that keep good teams going. While not amazing at any one thing, he has some good situational awareness that has allowed him to get the occasional sack or interception. He has 2 years left in his contract at a relative bargain so he'll be on the team this season and likely next barring injury.

Skills: C
Performance: C+
Potential: D

Overall: C

Joe Walker - Journeyman linebacker last seen with the Eagles. He has been on a championship team and has years of experience as a battering ram linebacker. He is not much in the passing game but he can provide valuable support as a run stopper and that's where he'll be used on top of special teams.

Performance: C+
Potential: C+

Aziz Al Shaair - 2019 UDFA. Aziz had an impressive preseason and made his way onto the 53 man roster. Aziz was primarily a special teams player but he had 4 starts due to the myriad of injuries to the linebacker corps. He made a couple of standout plays, and he plays with a lot of energy which on the other hand has caused unneeded penalties. Unlike Dre Greenlaw he doesn't have the instincts at this point you look for in an NFL linebacker, BUT, I think if he can put on another 10-15 lbs, he can be someone you put in sub packages and to spell the other veterans and that's pretty incredible value for an UDFA, he also needs to avoid those mistakes.

Performance: C-
Potential: C

Overall: C

Jonas Griffith - UDFA 23 year old redshirt senior. He made some impressive plays in college but more so than that he is an impressive athlete for a guy standing at 6'4 250 lbs. If he wants to make the team I think he as a shot to beat out one of Nzeocha, Al Shair or Joe Walker. Worst case he will get called from the practice squad if any one of those 3 get injured. This could be another diamond in the rough.

Skills: C-
Performance: C-
Potential: C

Overall: C-

Demetrius Flanagan-Knowles - Late addition to the PS in 2019. Due to his lack of ideal size, he may have the off-chance of making the roster as a special teams player but the LB position is more or less set at this point. This is likely a camp body.

Skills: F
Performance: F
Potential: C-

Overall: D-

Unit Analysis

Another group where IF everyone stays healthy is an elite unit. What helps immensely is the front office's ability to farm value from the 5th rounds rounds and later and finding gems at UDFA. This is a deep group with a nice mix of talent and hard workers. The D-Line is the elite unit but these guys will provide great support from behind them. I expect one of the younger guy in the practice squad to make some surprise noise too.

Unit Grade: B+