[Rumor] Note 10 May not have headphone jack.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Question

What does removing the jack do,?
Makes the phone thinner/lighter...

The reason these companies are removing the jack though is to sell you new proprietary headphones and accessories...Removing the jack does nothing to improve your experience...

Bluetooth is in no way the wave of the future...Any audiohead will tell you that...

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Everytime a thread is made about this headphone jack loss some clown comes in talking about the future, better technology blah blah.

Um pardon y'all but analogue sound still hasn't been topped quality wise. Newer is not better. This isn't even more convenient lol. Less battery time and a requirement that headphones be powered or charged.

If it ain't broke well you know. We haven't even topped analogue music formats and were here talking about no jack is the future :dead:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Everytime a thread is made about this headphone jack loss some clown comes in talking about the future, better technology blah blah.

Um pardon y'all but analogue sound still hasn't been topped quality wise. Newer is not better. This isn't even more convenient lol. Less battery time and a requirement that headphones be powered or charged.

If it ain't broke well you know. We haven't even topped analogue music formats and were here talking about no jack is the future :dead:
Dudes out here really trying to justify purchases and pledge allegiance to companys only concerned with what's in their wallets :snoop:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Looks like LG will have the best phone with no compromises from the way things stand right now.

Unless the Note 8 actually comes through with the headphone jack and doesn't explode in pockets.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Deja Vu

'무선 음악이 대세' 삼성, 스마트폰서 이어폰잭 제거

Samsung Electronics will eliminate the earphone jack on its strategic smartphone. It is said that it will be applied from the model which will be released after autumn next year. "On the 10th, an official of the parts industry said," Samsung is considering removing the earphone jack from Note 10 or S11. "The USB-C terminal will be left, and a separate conversion jack will be provided for 3.5mm earphone users." I said. USB-C is a 24-pin USB connector for data and power transfer. It is easy to understand when you think about the charging port in the middle of the Samsung smartphone. When the earphone jack is gone, you should listen to the music by cable using this USB-C terminal or use the wireless Bluetooth earphone. 3.5mm earphones can not be plugged directly into the USB-C port. To use 3.5mm earphones, you must use a separate conversion jack. That's why Samsung wants to get a conversion jack out of the earphone jack. It is necessary to connect 'smartphone (USB-C) - conversion jack -3.5 phi earphone' type.

Looks like note 10 devices might not have them going forward.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
There is literally no benefit to leave the jack out. fukk at the very least ADD an alternative port for wired sound which is still superior.

Bullshyt trend that apple started. Notched up screens, removing features with no added benefit but to their pockets for expensive “AirPods”

Consumers are so fukking stupid :snoop:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I doubt this will happen but.. it could happen.

At least if it does, i am confident in believing samsung wont screw us over and and leave out "dongles" and wireless earpieces in the box. This doesn't concern me too much since i stopped using the AKG earpiece that comes in the box. I have gone full wireless over the passed few months. Only time i plug in my phone is when i work a longer than usual shift at work and need some extra juice for the way home

But if I ever see a notch...