[Rumor] Note 10 May not have headphone jack.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
There's still plenty of healthy debate to be had regarding the inevitable death of the 3.5mm headphone jack as more smartphones are released with USB Type-C ports, but a new rumor claims that Samsung may have plans to mess things up even further by introducing its own proprietary port for delivering audio. Two sources linked to Samsung's smartphone supply chain claim that the company is “ actively and aggressively” looking into proprietary headphone jack option for its devices. Unfortunately, the sources did not share any details regarding the proprietary how it would be superior to audio over USB Type-C.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is the first device in Samsung's lineup which technically doesn't need its 3.5mm headphone jack since it's equipped with a USB Type-C port, but the rumor implies that Samsung isn't going to make any efforts to push the adoption of USB Type-C as an alternative for the standard 3.5mm headphone jack.

While the recently-announced Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus ditched the 3.5mm headphone jack in favor of Apple's Lightning port, Samsung does not have enough pull in the marketplace to ditch the 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C. Since there are already a lot of Android enthusiasts who aren't happy with Android manufacturers ditching the 3.5mm headphone jack on newer devices, we can't imagine a world in which things would end well for Samsung if they follow through with this idea.

This is one rumor which we hope is killed off before it ever sees the light of day.

Samsung rumored to be working on a proprietary headphone jack

10/10/18 Edit. Now being reported for the note 10.

Samsung Electronics will eliminate the earphone jack on its strategic smartphone. It is said that it will be applied from the model which will be released after autumn next year. "On the 10th, an official of the parts industry said," Samsung is considering removing the earphone jack from Note 10 or S11. "The USB-C terminal will be left, and a separate conversion jack will be provided for 3.5mm earphone users." I said. USB-C is a 24-pin USB connector for data and power transfer. It is easy to understand when you think about the charging port in the middle of the Samsung smartphone. When the earphone jack is gone, you should listen to the music by cable using this USB-C terminal or use the wireless Bluetooth earphone. 3.5mm earphones can not be plugged directly into the USB-C port. To use 3.5mm earphones, you must use a separate conversion jack. That's why Samsung wants to get a conversion jack out of the earphone jack. It is necessary to connect 'smartphone (USB-C) - conversion jack -3.5 phi earphone' type.

'무선 음악이 대세' 삼성, 스마트폰서 이어폰잭 제거

Last edited:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
All These Fools Clowning Apple Thinking The Traditional Headphone Jack Will Be Around Forever :mjlol:

Y'all Never Learn
:flabbynsick:

Then Then Switch Up Their Position Like "I Wasn't Clowning Apple Cause They Took Out The Headphone Jack I Was Clowning Cause They Was Tryna Force Bluetooth Connectivity"

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
All These Fools Clowning Apple Thinking The Traditional Headphone Jack Will Be Around Forever :mjlol:

Y'all Never Learn

Then Then Switch Up Their Position Like "I Wasn't Clowning Apple Cause They Took Out The Headphone Jack I Was Clowning Cause They Was Tryna Force Bluetooth Connectivity"

Apple is wack as fukk for that proprietary bullshyt. Of course the mr me too company would follow up with it..
Glad my 6s is good for a minute...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Y'all Never Learn

its dumb no matter what company does it. Apple dumbasses removed the ability to charge ur phone and listen to music at the same time. yet nikkas making excuses for them. they could've added wireless charging capability to combat it. nope. "lets wait till the fukkin 7s gets released and add it then. these fukkin idiot customers will shell more money out for it".