[Rumor] MSFT to release 2 next gen consoles. One traditional and the other streaming.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
For games that require quick twitch reflexes, I highly doubt most consumers will be using the streaming console for competitive gaming; which is why they will have a traditional console option(the one I will be buying.)

5G and edge compute will put an end to the lag issues.

I know it sounds crazy, but I work on this tech everyday. give it a couple of years.
MS is actually ahead of the curve on this one.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
New games showing up day one probably ain't happening so if you are willing to wait then :ehh:

Nice option but still don't see it becoming mainstream for years. Publishers and Devs don't win in this situation especially for new or popular product.

Streaming will be mainstream thanks to Spence Tha God :umad:

Get ready to play Fable and Senua Hellblade 2 in 4K/60fps streaming :umad:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the internet speeds in the US :huhldup:

I'll stick to digital downloads.

ISPs are, were, and forever will be the real barrier to cross for fully digital/streaming gaming. If you don't have to worry about speed, you gotta worry about data caps. If you don't have to worry about either, you've got pricing to worry about. Not to consider the potential business/pricing impact of Net Neutrality not being a thing. Developers will come up with ingenious ways to possibly make this work, and ISPs will always come up with a way to over complicate it.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
5G and edge compute will put an end to the lag issues.

I know it sounds crazy, but I work on this tech everyday. give it a couple of years.
MS is actually ahead of the curve on this one.
Your not taking into consideration the greed of American internet service providers.
:francis: