[Rumor] MSFT to release 2 next gen consoles. One traditional and the other streaming.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
When @Dominic Brehetto is linked to the official Sony disc to digital program only to find out its not available in his igloo country he calls home

full
Donald Trump is your President and represents you as an American to the world.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I hate to say it, but the incoherent ramblings of @PS4 have now been validated (if the rumors are true). He said streaming was the future for M$. Gotta give him credit for that :francis:
Yep and no one in this section will give it to him.

I wonder how this would be less or better for twitch gaming, ( fps, fighters etc) that require little to no lag and low ping for competitive play.

I can't wrap my head around it right now if technically it should be better or if since its streaming its no way it can be.
Less. The way they'll position the new consoles is that people looking for that level of play and capability will opt for the more hardcore system with the top level specs. The streaming console will be for the people that come home and probably play like an hour or 2 after work maybe 2-3 times a week.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
"The cloud console will have a limited amount of compute locally for specific tasks like controller input, image processing, and importantly, collision detection. The downside of this is that it since more hardware is needed locally, it will raise the price of the streaming box but it will still cost significantly less than what we are accustomed to paying for a new-generation console which should help expand the platform’s reach."

That's pretty damn huge right there, so the only thing you're streaming is the actual game content which will produce MUCH less lag compared to PS NOW or Gamefly's digital streaming service.
this new streaming voodoo sounds interesting. I'm curious how exactly it will work

who killin it?

the fakes get exposed
Daps
the streaming console makes sense since MS makes no money off their consoles. Their profits come from Live and cloud services.

I would peep the streaming console. Geforce Now works surprisingly well so MS might have a good crack at it.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
It definitely sounds interesting.

For games that require quick twitch reflexes, I highly doubt most consumers will be using the streaming console for competitive gaming; which is why they will have a traditional console option(the one I will be buying.)

However, all other games, the system will be great. A month back, I actually was streaming the game INSIDE and the breh @Jayrose3 and I fukked around w/ the Mixer "Let your viewers play" option and shyt blew our mind how he was legit playing the game that was playing on my Xbox One X for a couple hours.

We tried For Honor and the lag was too much.

It's some promising tech, for sure.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I don't care what they are offering until they get it together with the games.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Still pushing for that living room huh M$.:yeshrug:

Even if they win it wont matter unless they have the games to back it up. :francis:

They’re working on the games, just bought Ninja Theory and supposedly they’re copping new studios. Don’t expect to see the results of that until 2-4 years from now.

With that said, this is a good idea, I’m sure casuals who live in major areas will love a $200-$300 box that can stream Madden/COD/BF.