Rumor Mill: Steven Spielberg in talks to Direct Fantastic 4 Reboot for the MCU!!

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
Thought the rumor was Bryce Dallas Howard. Brad Bird wouldn’t surprise me either since he basically did an animated version of them with The Incredibles.

I’m just glad Jon Watts isn’t attached anymore though, his joints are pretty uninspired.

:ohhh:had no idea she directed…given who her pops is, makes sense tho…

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Marvel ain’t got enough paper for Spielberg.

Also Spielberg would (rightfully) demand a level of control and creative freedom that would be UNHEARD of for an MCU movie. People forget that they plan these movies out YEARS in advance to keep the timelines in order. Spielberg didn’t even want to do a Harry Potter movie because he wanted to cast Haley Joel Osment and JK Rowling refused to have ANY of the characters be non-British. You think Kevin Feige is gonna cede any REAL control to Spielberg? Don’t see it happening
:what:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I actually agree with his other points but that first line is :skip:

Disney got plenty of paper for the likes of Spielberg, and they damn sure got enough money to put out better films than whatever they’re churning out currently.

I’ll take a ban bet that it ain’t happening

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I’ll take a ban bet that it ain’t happening
You and another person in the thread. :lolbron:

I’m leaning towards it not happening either, but Spielberg has this joyous charm in his films that would be great for the F4. I wouldn’t be mad at it. :ehh:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
If you wanna get Spielberg, you can't woo him with money. Dude's beyond rich. Money doesn't excite someone with his kind of paper. It's gotta be something he really wants to do as a passion. He'll do it for free if he thinks it's fun and interesting because $1.1B and $1.2B is almost the same to him.

I don't think it'll happen but maybe Spielberg was a low key Marvel fan and Fantastic 4 fanatic when he was a kid? That's the only way.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

Also Spielberg would (rightfully) demand a level of control and creative freedom that would be UNHEARD of for an MCU movie. People forget that they plan these movies out YEARS in advance to keep the timelines in order. Spielberg didn’t even want to do a Harry Potter movie because he wanted to cast Haley Joel Osment and JK Rowling refused to have ANY of the characters be non-British. You think Kevin Feige is gonna cede any REAL control to Spielberg? Don’t see it happening

The shared universe is so overstated by fans, smh.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
From Variety’s Senior Entertainment Writer:

Consider this rumor……

LegitimateElementaryEquine-max-1mb.gif

……debunked.

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
She directed several episodes of the mandolorian tv series, but that all i know of her work

could you tell a difference in her direction compared to the other episodes?

just curious if she’s being considered because of her eye or is this a nepotism thing…

although, with Disney/Marvel they keep the purse strings so tight on creative control the director feels like just a name at this point…

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
could you tell a difference in her direction compared to the other episodes?

just curious if she’s being considered because of her eye or is this a nepotism thing…

although, with Disney/Marvel they keep the purse strings so tight on creative control the director feels like just a name at this point…
Her Episodes usually focused on a strong female character. The episodes that introduced Cara Dune and Bo Katan were both directed by her.
She also directed the cross over episode in Book of Boba where it was all about the Mandalorian and Ashoka.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
:ohhh:had no idea she directed…given who her pops is, makes sense tho…
She directed several episodes of the mandolorian tv series, but that all i know of her work

She did at least one episode of Black mirrior, it was a heater too, I'm pretty sure the social credit one that she starred in.

Also doing a re-make of Flight of the navigator :leon:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks

Lol what ? Disney owns marvel fam