Rumor Mill: Steven Spielberg in talks to Direct Fantastic 4 Reboot for the MCU!!

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Wouldn't happen. Spielberg is not going to let Feige set the tone for the movie of shoehorn Disney+ references in it. He'd have to have full creative control along with editing.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
That's because he doesn't make comedies. But all of his movies have natural humor injected into the plot points and characters. Have you never watched Jaws, ET, Indiana Jones or the OG Jurassic Park?
Bingo.. and yes I've seen all those movies numerous times

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Thought the rumor was Bryce Dallas Howard. Brad Bird wouldn’t surprise me either since he basically did an animated version of them with The Incredibles.

I’m just glad Jon Watts isn’t attached anymore though, his joints are pretty uninspired.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Marvel ain’t got enough paper for Spielberg.

Also Spielberg would (rightfully) demand a level of control and creative freedom that would be UNHEARD of for an MCU movie. People forget that they plan these movies out YEARS in advance to keep the timelines in order. Spielberg didn’t even want to do a Harry Potter movie because he wanted to cast Haley Joel Osment and JK Rowling refused to have ANY of the characters be non-British. You think Kevin Feige is gonna cede any REAL control to Spielberg? Don’t see it happening

Daps
Reppin
Aaru
Marvel ain’t got enough paper for Spielberg.

Also Spielberg would (rightfully) demand a level of control and creative freedom that would be UNHEARD of for an MCU movie. People forget that they plan these movies out YEARS in advance to keep the timelines in order. Spielberg didn’t even want to do a Harry Potter movie because he wanted to cast Haley Joel Osment and JK Rowling refused to have ANY of the characters be non-British. You think Kevin Feige is gonna cede any REAL control to Spielberg? Don’t see it happening
The MCU is the highest-grossing film franchise of all-time :why:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The MCU is the highest-grossing film franchise of all-time :why:

And yet they historically pay their actors and directors like shyt in the beginning of their contracts. Spielberg would be more costly than ANY director they’ve ever hired and on top of that he’d want full creative control, which NO director gets on Marvel films

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They’re looking for the actors now and they’re aiming for people in the last e 20’s to early 30’s
also Kevin Fiege said he wanted Jim because he knew about the fan cast and thought it would be fun in the moment

ok cool I really hope so