[Rumor]Mid-Gen Upgrades for PS5 and Xbox Series X devkits have been received by most AAA studios

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huh? Man a 2080 that’s been out over 4 years plus still out performing a ps5… you might want to sit this one out.
What you mean a 2080 still has ray tracing capabilities built in it plus with dlss it can still outperform a PS5.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
PS4 Pro was released 3 years after the PS4 and Xbox One X 4 years after launch. This would still give an additional 3~4 years before a theoretical PS6/Series X successor releases.
The same timeline shouldn’t apply considering we still aren’t at the point of either console being on shelves in abundance.
The next gen exclusives are almost non existent.
(The fact that we’re still calling ps5/Xbx “next gen” to me is a quiet admission that we haven’t moved on. That’s beside my point though).
This gen really feels like a missed opportunity to me across the board. A mid life cycle revision needs to come a few years after supply chain issues have been resolved and we have significantly more gen exclusive content.
The Xbox Series X and ps5 both like Super Saipan 2 versions of the ps4 and Xbox 1 x instead of being completely different beasts, and I’m basing that on the lack of gen specific exclusives. I’m sure the machines are capable in their own right.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I’m good with the series X as is depending on the new specs…PS5 I’m copping if they make it smaller regardless of specs