[Rumor]Mid-Gen Upgrades for PS5 and Xbox Series X devkits have been received by most AAA studios

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Can't get the originals so go straight to the refresh :ehh:

I don't see the problem tbh. They've gotta make sure people will still spend as wallets tighten in this economy

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where the fukk are the current gen games? You can count on two hands maybe even 1 on the amount of non cross gen games available to console. I don’t even know how this is even considered since we haven’t even seen the full potential in how the base models work. I blame pc gamers for this shyt. No one gave a fukk about fidelity and all this fukkin fps number gauging bullshyt before the PS3. It was all about the games and now we getting new hardware before we get games. fukkin bullshyt if you ask me.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Where the fukk are the current gen games? You can count on two hands maybe even 1 on the amount of non cross gen games available to console. I don’t even know how this is even considered since we haven’t even seen the full potential in how the base models work. I blame pc gamers for this shyt. No one gave a fukk about fidelity and all this fukkin fps number gauging bullshyt before the PS3. It was all about the games and now we getting new hardware before we get games. fukkin bullshyt if you ask me.
I mean until casuals can walk into Walmart and buy a PS5 cross gen is gonna still be a thing. Their will most likely be less % of games being cross gen starting next year. But I really doubt that changes anytime soon.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Maybe in 5-6 years or so if we choose to do. But understand we don’t have to upgrade and it will still be superior.
next you're gonna tell me you can boost performance by upgrading just a part or two vs replacing the entire unit like with a console.

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
next you're gonna tell me you can boost performance by upgrading just a part or two vs replacing the entire unit like with a console.
Huh? Man a 2080 that’s been out over 4 years plus still out performing a ps5… you might want to sit this one out.

Last edited:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Too bad the S can't retroactively get better. Taking away compute units instead of just gimping the RAM will be problematic at some point... unless you keep render resolution expectations sub 1080 for its lifecycle.