Rumor: Battlefield V battle royale prototype in the works at DICE

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Nah, I think PUBG is going to die a slow painful death.

They are taking way too long to fine tune this thing. It's great but guide damn it's really unpolished. It was just a matter of time before they flood the market with superior alternatives.

I believe they made a shyt ton of money already, though. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
PubG Corp could have got a sucker to buy them at 1 billion.

I know they like :gucci::dwillhuh::francis::yeshrug:

:mjcry:

theyve probably made well over $1 billion at this point though (like well over $1 billion.. just 30 million sales x $30 is $900 million, plus they have micro transactions, probably realistically at $2-3+ billion revenue at this point, will probably bring in 5 billion over the years total.)

as far as the topic;

I like battle royal THE CONCEPT. I wasnt a fan of fortnite or PUBG. As much as people hate on PUBG, Fortnite didnt seem the polished to me as well (seemed like input delay, I dont know, hard to explain). Plus not a fan of the building shyt.

a POLISHED battlefield game (graphics, playstyle) with a mixture of both maybe + destruction Frostbite engine is known for, could be king of this shyt...

edit#2:

One thing I did like about Fortnite was the map size though. Not a fan of the running simulator feel PUBG had. But if EA was smart (which they arent known for being smart) theyd make 2 map sizes like they do in all their battlefield games

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Knack 3 Battle Royale mode confirmed
CC0pC9Z.gif

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Trend hopping happens in EVERY industry breh.

This is what cats don't understand...copy catting gave us some of our most treasured shyt...

Streets of Rage is a copycat of Final Fight which is a copy cat of Double Dragon.

Every gen has a copy cat genre or two.

16 bit it was beat em ups and fighting games
in ps1 era it was JRPGs
in ps2 era it was actually fairly unique
but we was right back in ps3 era wit sandbox and FPSs

Take every game that was transformative at the time and you have copy cats. Street Fighter in the early 90s, FFVIII in the late 90's, GTA in the 2000's and COD in the late 2000's

all of those games had HELLA copy cats. Some times from even the same publisher.

PUBG/Fortnite is clearly the most groundbreaking game of gen and its (their) success is bound to be imitated...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
thing is it's not really it's own unique game type, but rather just a game mode. that's why a lot of these established shooters will jump on it. although there will be challenges getting their game to scale up to what's required for this game mode

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
It's over man. Give up. :mjcry:
Ha.

But, yea, them not bringing out Socom, which is multiplayer focused, let's me know where the companies focus is at. I'm not hating, though, those single player games are masterful and it seems most console gamers love them so, hats off to them.

They need to sell that franchise to Msft, though. :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ha.

But, yea, them not bringing out Socom, which is multiplayer focused, let's me know where the companies focus is at. I'm not hating, though, those single player games are masterful and it seems most console gamers love them so, hats off to them.

They need to sell that franchise to Msft, though. :wow:

Socom 4 destroyed the franchise. Other FPS's came and took over. It was a good run, but it was over.