Room (2015) starring Brie Larson

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Movie was made by a goddamn pervert man. How many shots they gonna have of this child with no shirt on in her panties. Come on maaaaaaaan. fukk outta here. Trash!

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
My thoughts on this. Spoilers

I like this film. But I like it more because of camera work, symbolism more then anything. First, off, Jack is gonna grow up to be Jacquline. Nigguh looked like a transgender just about the whole film. His rapist father should have made her cut that nigguh hair at some point. But on serious note, the camera work in here throughout was dope. The dopest part was when Jack was in the back of truck and saw the sky for the first time. Just powerful. And I loved the looking up at the sky, through windows, the whole movies. Even him watching Dora (though it would have been better for him to watch Diego. But like I said, that niguh destined to be a transgender. So of this escapism character. Even though he's trapped in this room. 2nd, half after the escape wasn't as good to me. It was cool but not as good as the first half. If they would have went in depth of how they felt after coming home. It would have been dope. Would have loved to explore how the father felt about having a grandson who was the product of rape. More conflict of them adjusting. Not saying it was bad I would have loved for it to be more in depth. But bottom line loved symbolism, cinemotography, was dope. B+
I think his long hair and androgynous look is what irked me about him

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I wanna see this shyt.. but it ain't playin in the burgh :stopitslime:

thought it went wide release on the 6th

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Movie was made by a goddamn pervert man. How many shots they gonna have of this child with no shirt on in her panties. Come on maaaaaaaan. fukk outta here. Trash!
That was a boy allegedly.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Watched it today solely based on the buzz as I hadn't seen a trailer or even read a synopsis, and all I can say is :mjcry: mixed with a dose of :lupe:

Definitely one of those movies where it's better to go in blind and have the plot unravel in front of your eyes without knowing what comes next. In the beginning I was like:

'Okay, so is this post-apocalypse or something?', then I was like 'Maybe they're in the room because she's sick, I mean, they keep calling her "him" for a reason' (yeah, up until the point they're safe in the hospital I thought Jack was a girl too, lol), then they reveal the keypad on the door as Nick grows more aggressive and it starts to set in, and then she tells Jack that story of how they got in the room and I just fukking lost it. Then it's just messed with my head all the way up until the escape and that shyt had me all in my feelings.

From that point it's a drama about the after effects of the whole ordeal, but all of the Jack scenes are dramatic gold and the Joy parts, despite a tad predictable, are sold by Larson's superb acting. Definitely recommend this movie to anyone and I strongly recommend going into it blind.

just got back and i gotta say the lead kid actor might be the most obnoxious ever on screen. he made me yearn for breh from act 1 of The Babadook. it made it hard to feel bad for him sometimes.

The Babadook kid I can sorta understand because that kid was written to be obnoxious, but if this kid bothered you, you might just want to hold off on having children for a while there, breh. :russ:

Not saying the kid didn't have his annoying moments but fukk, at least think of the situation they're in and how that must've fukked with his head when she started telling the truth.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Watched it today solely based on the buzz as I hadn't seen a trailer or even read a synopsis, and all I can say is :mjcry: mixed with a dose of :lupe:

Definitely one of those movies where it's better to go in blind and have the plot unravel in front of your eyes without knowing what comes next. In the beginning I was like:

'Okay, so is this post-apocalypse or something?', then I was like 'Maybe they're in the room because she's sick, I mean, they keep calling her "him" for a reason' (yeah, up until the point they're safe in the hospital I thought Jack was a girl too, lol), then they reveal the keypad on the door as Nick grows more aggressive and it starts to set in, and then she tells Jack that story of how they got in the room and I just fukking lost it. Then it's just messed with my head all the way up until the escape and that shyt had me all in my feelings.

From that point it's a drama about the after effects of the whole ordeal, but all of the Jack scenes are dramatic gold and the Joy parts, despite a tad predictable, are sold by Larson's superb acting. Definitely recommend this movie to anyone and I strongly recommend going into it blind.

The Babadook kid I can sorta understand because that kid was written to be obnoxious, but if this kid bothered you, you might just want to hold off on having children for a while there, breh. :russ:

Not saying the kid didn't have his annoying moments but fukk, at least think of the situation they're in and how that must've fukked with his head when she started telling the truth.
Wish i woulda seen it blind
the trailer let you know he gets out and then you're wondering what's next for the next 80 minutes
still a good movie but that made it feel a lot more anti climactic

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Wish i woulda seen it blind
the trailer let you know he gets out and then you're wondering what's next for the next 80 minutes
still a good movie but that made it feel a lot more anti climactic

I can see how that makes it feel more anti-climatic but I think the second half still works from a drama perspective. Also, your timing is a bit off:

It's right around the hour mark that they escape, so the second half is actually shorter than the room stuff. You probably just felt like it was twice as long. :lolbron:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I can see how that makes it feel more anti-climatic but I think the second half still works from a drama perspective. Also, your timing is a bit off:

It's right around the hour mark that they escape, so the second half is actually shorter than the room stuff. You probably just felt like it was twice as long. :lolbron:
I'm almost positive it happens around the 40 minute mark. This is a movie that is well made and well acted but I don't feel the desire to ever revisit kind of like Sicario and spotlight

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm almost positive it happens around the 40 minute mark. This is a movie that is well made and well acted but I don't feel the desire to ever revisit kind of like Sicario and spotlight

Just checked:

Larson's character is freed from the shed right before the hour mark.

I doubt I'll ever revisit it too, but who knows? :manny:

Not revisiting Sicario though? :francis:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

Agree on Room. Would probably feel different had I not known
that it was a kidnap situation and that they do escape
. Disagree strongly on the kid though. Thought he was incredibly good.

Will definitely revisit the other two though. Especially Sicario. Almost went back to the theater a few times...will def pick up the blu

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Agree on Room. Would probably feel different had I not known
that it was a kidnap situation and that they do escape
. Disagree strongly on the kid though. Thought he was incredibly good.

Will definitely revisit the other two though. Especially Sicario. Almost went back to the theater a few times...will def pick up the blu
I loved spotlight but it was kind of devastating. Not sure i can revisit it for a while.

I still have some narrative issues with Sicario but the tension and and cinematography are so great i probably will revisit it but I'm not sure I'll buy it. At least not day one. Maybe on deep discount.